Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about common law marriages (sexuality question)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about common law marriages (sexuality question)?

So what happens when non-traditional marriages are made legal (will start with gay ones but trust me there is more concepts without having to involve animals), do you end up tying the not to your roommate at college and not know it lol? Seriously dunno are common law marriages still done?

It varies from state to state.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yep, they're abolished in all but about a dozen states IIRC. Where you at?
      Unbelievable!

Comment

We have both common law and gay marriage up north.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

How's that work Asher, do explain?

Comment

How does it not work?

In Alberta, two adults (of any gender) living together for 3 years or more in a dependent relationship can apply for it.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Oh sorry some background,

In many states in the USA, it used to be that common law marriages were applied not sought, if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
              X