New York - Atlanta: train, plane, bus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

train
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

My father goes from DC to Atlanta very frequently and he always flies. 18 hour train ride seems excessive.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

If you cant fly then drive. It'll be less than 18 hrs, especially if you leave from Newark (we dont know where in NY).
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

12 hours by car, roughly. But it could be fun taking a train, I guess.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

HIKE DOWN THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL!
            APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Hiking or car wasn't given as an option. Perfection, you seem like a bus person to me.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

America's train system is terrible. It receives little attention government, breaks down frequently and takes forever to get anywhere.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Nice idea

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                    America's train system is terrible. It receives little attention government, breaks down frequently and takes forever to get anywhere.
                    The passenger train system is terrible, but that's because people don't really like riding trains because they are as sucky as airplanes except also slower. The freight train system is fine.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Freight is pretty bad too. But what are your sources?
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

If you want a relaxed trip where you see the US and make many stops (and don't own a car), trains in the US can be a good option. There are passes which allow you to board/etc several times in a limited amount of time for a reasonable price.

If you don't want all three, fly/drive.

JM
                        (Note that apparently trains are a reasonable option between DC and Boston or so.)
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                        X