Apartment floor preference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apartment floor preference

If you had to choose an apartment in an apartment building what floor would you prefer?

First, last, 2nd to 5th, 6th to 9th+?
    Quendelie axan!

Top, so the douchebags above me won't stomp their feet above me in the morning
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Yep. That's the answer.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

High ceilings and concrete floor means I get no disturbance from the floor above. Also, beware low water pressure on the top floor. Living as I do in the crypt, I get fantastic water pressure. Power showers

Comment

The upper-middle floors are the best. Not too hot in the summer, not too cold in the winter, no insects, you get a little sun if your apartment faces South, etc.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Normally 1st floor but if it is in a high traffic area where I would hear lots of street noise 3rd or 4th would be better. If there is some sort of compelling geographic reason, like a view of the ocean or something, then obviously I'd go with as high as necessary to get the view.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

1st, due to fire concerns. On the end. "Down and out".
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

For some reason top floors are not considered to be attractive here in Bulgaria.

I personally think like DanS although as long as there is good insulation on the roof top floor is very attractive for me for the reasons already mentioned bu Loin and Super49er.
                Quendelie axan!

Comment

2nd floor. Close to the ground but high enough to keep unauthorized entries to a minimum.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Top, in case the market crashes while your at home.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Top floor for me - I can escape the street noise and steal everyone else's heat
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

My preference is definitely to have a floor.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                          2nd floor. Close to the ground but high enough to keep unauthorized entries to a minimum.
                          Unauthorized entry isn't a concern. I have attack cats for when I'm gone and a Mossberg Persuader for when I'm home.
                          I live in a 2 story condo. I catch my own heat from downstairs and have 2 thermostats that control it just fine.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You live in a flat in Texas? I thought that was against the law there and that you have to live in a ranch
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Ground, 1st or top. Ground floor apartments get gardens, 1st floor ones minimize the need to use the stairs of lift while making burglary less of an issue, and top floor ones get the best view. Anything in between seems like effort for little reward.

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                              Top floor for me - I can escape the street noise and steal everyone else's heat
                              But the heat escapes much more easily, as what's on top of you is cold, rather than another warm flat.
                              Smile
                              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Working...
                              X