• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly Fantasy Baseball Draft Thread

League ID 122520
    Password apolyton

League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/122520

I'll be deleting the other league (if and when I figure out how), I set it up as a temporary league strictly for research and invited everyone from last year. That is preventing people from joining so I started a new league.

We have 14 now, my apologies to anyone else who shows up and wants to play - we may end up with a daily roster change league too or another weekly league, so there's still hope. Yahoo allows us up to 8 teams now and I'm sure several people will play another team... I certainly will.

Option # 4 wins the vote

R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG
    QS, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

and the roster

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, UT, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

thats 22 rounds

I still need people to express an opinion on the play off schedule, as of now its 2 brackets (primary and consolation) of 6 teams each with a 3 week play off - the top 2 seeds in each bracket get a bye the first week.

Here's the 14 managers: post your team name so we know who you are

Berzerker (Berz)
    Ozzy
    JDD
    Slowwhand
    Fistandantilus
    EPW
    Guynemer
    Tuberski (responded to PM)
    UR (FFZ)
    Mike (Speakeasy)
    illram (Speakeasy/cfc)
    Jonny
    sanabas (Speakeasy)
    Stuie

We can start a different thread for chat and trash talk, I'd like to keep this thread for the actual picks and important information, like double pick notices, etc.

We'll start with edit 12 HOUR BAPAYS beginning in the 2nd round - no BAPAYS in the 1st round since not everyone knows we're starting before the weekend. Be patient, we'll get this done in time... I hate with a passion 1st round BAPAYS, I hate 'em anyway So to avoid BAPAYS LEAVE LISTS of PICKS with someone (preferably at least 2 people, your pick is your responsibility). We could use volunteers who are around a computer during the day to take lists.

The BAPAY Clock goes off at midnight EST and starts back up at 8 AM EST

We've been very lenient in the past about letting people change BAPAYS but that practice can cause serious problems - somebody picking after the BAPAY may have wanted that player and now they're screwed if the BAPAY is changed after they pick and somebody else takes the player.

So what we'll do is this: if you're picking after a BAPAY you wanted, make your pick and make a note at the bottom of your post that you wanted the BAPAY - that will reserve that player for you if the absent manager wants to change the BAPAY - and BAPAYS can only be changed within 1 round (14) of picks of the BAPAY (excluding of course players taken after the BAPAY).

If your pick gets hurt during the draft, you can change the pick but you cant grab a player taken after your pick.

And when issuing a BAPAY (Best Available Player At Yahoo) we'll take into account the needs of the manager - field positions and starting pitchers are a higher priority than relief pitching and bench spots. If someone expressed a desire to play and I missed them, we'll go to 16 teams One last hope for any stragglers

I'll be doing a draft order here shortly and we can start drafting tonight... I'll make a list of the managers in random order and send it to Slowwhand. Then I will ask for someone to post the #s 1-14 in random order here and Sloww and/or I will post my list of names - the name at top of the list will be assigned the first # as their draft position, the 2nd name will be assigned the 2nd # as their draft position, and so on... For example, if my name is first on the list and the first # posted randomly is 7, I'll pick 7th... Give me 15 minutes or so to send Slowwhand the names before posting the #s.

One last thing: PM THE NEXT PERSON IN LINE TO PICK after you pick

Okay, list of names sent to Slowwhand

anyone other than me and Sloww is welcome to post the # 1-14 in random order - we'll take the first poster

BAPAYS are O-Rank ie projected ranks

12 HOUR BAPAY TIME LIMITS

We have people in Italy and Australia, so...lets give people a bit more time
    Last edited by Berzerker; March 5, 2011, 23:58.

Here's a number order (randomized using playing cards):

I will be Calamitous Intent, per usual. Oh, and that playoff format sounds fine; my preference would be for a top 4/bottom 8 split, but 6/6 is fine.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

thx Guy

Sloww can confirm the list of names I sent him, but here it is

Guynemer (11)
      Jonny (2)
      Mike (Speakeasy) (4)
      Tuberski (responded to PM) (13)
      Stuie (12)
      JDD (7)
      illram (Speakeasy/cfc) (5)
      EPW (8)
      Ozzy (3)
      Berz (1) woohoo
      Slowwhand (9)
      sanabas (Speakeasy) (14)
      UR (FFZ) (10)
      Fistandantilus (6)

1) Berz
      2) Jonny
      3) Ozzy
      4) Mike
      5) illram
      6) Fistandantilus
      7) JDD
      8) EPW
      9) Slowwhand
      10) UR
      11) Guynemer
      12) Stuie
      13) Tuberski
      14) sanabas

I'll wait for Sloww to confirm that list

Comment

Shenanigans!

Comment

Now if Sloww got #2 you might have case

I should have just let Sloww post the list

actually that aint fair to you Guy, or whoever's at the top since its unlikely #1 would be the first number

did you do that truly randomly ?
          Last edited by Berzerker; March 3, 2011, 21:15.

Comment

I am the Boston TeamNames. I like 6 playoff teams. When do we start drafting?

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
              Now if Sloww got #2 you might have case

I should have just let Sloww post the list

actually that aint fair to you Guy, or whoever's at the top since its unlikely #1 would be the first number

did you do that truly randomly ?
              Truly truly.

Comment

Oh crap hell. I read the PM first and thought I was being asked who had officially signed up at Yahoo, then I trashed the message.
                Maybe there really is a point to saving messages, at least for a while.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

okay, re-do then - sorry folks

I'll send you a PM with the names in random order and we'll get someone else to post the #s 1-14 in "truly" random order, that means use a method that will allow the top name an "equal" chance of nabbing the 1st pick

and that brings up another matter, keep your inboxes somewhat clean so PM notices will go thru.

hang on Sloww

Comment

is anyone else around? I sent Sloww a new list and we need a 3rd party to post the # 1-14 in truly random order

Jonny shows on line, I asked him to post the #s

or Ozzy, dont matter to me... I see you

Guy had a good system, he used playing cards - just make sure each name has an "equal" chance at getting the #1 pick
                    Last edited by Berzerker; March 4, 2011, 02:03.

Comment

I'm ready this time for sure.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I sent both Jonny and Ozzy PMs asking them to post some numbers

anyone can do it, except me and you

Comment

What wasn't truly random about the previous list?

Seemed fine to me. But whatever, if you want numbers, here are numbers:

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Just post the damn numbers before I have a chance to screw up again somehow, Ozzy. Hell.
                            You DanS'd me.
                            Last edited by SlowwHand; March 4, 2011, 02:19.

Comment

thx Ozzy, I'll let Sloww post the names

Comment

Working...
                              X