Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does being dead feel like?

Anyone here who's been dead before?

I was dead for quite awhile prior to being born. It felt like a whole lot of nothing.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I'm dead inside. Does that count?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Nah, gangrene doesn't count.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
          I was dead for quite awhile prior to being born. It felt like a whole lot of nothing.
          I don't remember being unborn so I can't comment on that.

Comment

ask faded glory, or tupac.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Well....when I had my heart attack....my heart stopped beating for a few moments....it felt like....when you go to sleep and your at that point where your half asleep and half awake....very peaceful and sombering at the same time. Realization takes hold and you don't have fear, just knowing that this is really happening. When you know and accept that your about to die it is not as bad as I thought. I was not quite dead long enough to have a NDE but I did feel like I was not alone, like a presence was giving me comfort.
              You think I'm crazy?
              I can promise you too will know what I'm talkin about one day.

Comment

Feels like posting on Apolyton.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

If I may? Let me add that it makes you full aware of how mortal you really are. It made a change in me.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                    I was not quite dead long enough to have a NDE but I did feel like I was not alone, like a presence was giving me comfort.
                    You may have overheard the interns placing bets on your survival or commenting on your natural endowment. You might also have heard the guy putting the tube down your throat talking about his plans for the weekend, or the guy putting the paddles on your chest telling the giggling intern that he'll to do the next shot.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

There is no feeling.
                      APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Ask Faded Glory.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                          You may have overheard the interns placing bets on your survival or commenting on your natural endowment. You might also have heard the guy putting the tube down your throat talking about his plans for the weekend, or the guy putting the paddles on your chest telling the giggling intern that he'll to do the next shot.
                          Nope, I was given a Precordial thump.

Comment

A bit like being in Norwich, but more fun...
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                              Nope, I was given a Precordial thump.
                              What? Were you being treated in the Third World? Go back in there and demand you shock treatment, your blower, your central line and your temporary pacer. Those cheapskates cheated you.
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                              X