Have you converted anyone ... to Civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you converted anyone ... to Civ

Have persuaded anyone to take up playing Civ? Did they they turn into Civ-addicts staying up late for "just one more turn'.

I haven't but I did give away my Star Trek disc to somebody who played it relentlessly. (I didn't go much on that game.)
    Yes, I am a Civangelist
    66.67%
    No
    33.33%
    Bananas
    0.00%

Nope, I have a clean conscience.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Civ, in general? Yeah, Civ II MP.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yes, any civ.

How many converts did you get?

Comment

1, but she was Queen of exploration by sea. Boann.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I had a cousin who I gave my Civ III and IV disks to. He loved it even though he was only 7 at the time.

Comment

Didn't you have Mrs Aeson playing Civ? A convert!

I gave away a Civ 2 disc but I didn't see much Civing happening. Dead loss there.

Comment

I'd gladly convert anyone to Civilization IV.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

That's because you're a demon spawn of Hell.

Comment

Civ IV was/is an awesome game.

Easily the best in the series.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Yeah, right.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                        Civ IV was/is an awesome game.

Easily the best in the series.

Though I dunno about "easily". CivII was amazing for when it came out.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yes, but I wouldn't play it now.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Does SMAC count as part of the series?
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I didn't mean to include it.

But even if you did, it's still true.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X