Tax Religious Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Religious Groups

Why not? It's not like they are economically essential agencies. They provide no more jobs than public or other private institutions. And they are restrictive by their very nature, making them inefficient and unAmerican. So I see no harm in taxing churches and other religious organizations. Yes, I even think that ground zero mosques should be taxed.

So religions, the free ride is over. I say, tax them all and let God sort it out.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Yes, they ought to be taxed. God would want it that way. We are all God's children, we should be treated the same way by God's Instrument of Government.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

This is a troll thread to start a big ruckus?

Comment

I think the op makes a good point. Why are religions exempt from taxes, especially in a recession?
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I agree with the OP. They should be taxed.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Yes, tax them. God told me you should render unto caesar what is caesars.

Comment

I agree with the OP, they should be taxed just like all nonprofits.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Well-said, HC. DaShi is just providing another opportunity to work the atheists into yet another frenzy. Like it matters.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You'd think Jesus would have come back by now. I guess he overslept.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    I agree with the OP, they should be taxed just like all nonprofits.
                    They can feel free to operate a charity separate from their church.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      I agree with the OP. They should be taxed.

I can't see any reason why they shouldn't be taxed.
                      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

And preaching and the building the preaching occurs in is of course charity, so sounds fine in theory.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Except that they are already charities. Which should be taxed.
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                            And preaching and the building the preaching occurs in is of course charity, so sounds fine in theory.

JM
                            I have a hard time seeing how taxing churches would adversely affect the quality of preaching.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                              I have a hard time seeing how taxing churches would adversely affect the quality of preaching.
                              A minister without a flatscreen is no minister of God.

Comment

Working...
                              X