CTP2 with New Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP2 with New Laptop

I have been playing CTP1 and 2 on an old Dell Inspiron (circa August, 2000), and it may finally be going out on me. My primary PC is now an iMac but i was thinking of buying a cheap Windows PC just to be able to play CTP2 and some other older games. Any thoughts or suggestions on the laptop that would work with CTP2?
    Thanks,
    Ted

I guess any Windows PC would do it nowadays. Of course as always the faster the better. But CTP2 does run on a Windows 7, especially if you are using the CTP2 Apolyton Edition.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I am using windows 7 64 bit. I know CtP2 with the Apolyton patch worked on Vista 64 bit as well, but better on Windows 7. It also worked on XP as well. It goes so fast on windows 7 I suggest that. There is a big difference in performance from Windows 7 to Windows Vista.

Comment

I've just installed CTP2 AE on my 2006 Mac Pro using VMWare's Fusion 3.0 running Windows XP. I haven't had a chance to get very far into a game but it is running fine so far. Running this on your iMac has be a less expensive option than buying a cheap PC laptop.

This is such a thrill for me to revisit my favorite all-time game. And especially with the setup now, I can take a few minutes off from work on my mac pro, launch Fusion, and have CTP2 waiting right where I left off.

Thanks to everyone here for keeping this classic alive and evolving!

Comment

Working...
        X