"TXT_KEY..." naming error in cities & leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "TXT_KEY..." naming error in cities & leaders

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere. I did search and found only cursory references in the modding threads. And I think it's a common enough problem for we n00bs that an explicitly titled thread would help.

The Problem: playing some Mod Civs (e.g., Venice) is made less fun by cities and occasionally (Iceni, Brazil, Papal States, Sweden, Bulgar Tarihy) leaders using the full language-support string "TXT_KEY_..." rather than making the translation to the correct value.

Attempted Fix: manually truncating the superfluous characters on the city rename dialog (fails because the next city created just brings up the city 1 string again, presumably since it performs a simple match and doesn't find it).

Other Info: some Mod Cities (the Dutch Republic, Byzantium) appear to work perfectly.

Solution Sought: Well, how do I make it work? Is there something I have failed to set that will flag my language (English) correctly and perform the swap?

Thank you for any help and thanks as always Apolyton for the great resource.
    Last edited by gregberge; February 4, 2011, 10:24.
Working...
X