Borderlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borderlands

It's a Diabloesque FPS, with a wasteland-planet sci-fi setting.

A friend bugged me into getting it, and it's pretty interesting so far. It's got some sort of random monster generation, which makes the dog-like monsters, for example, attack by leaping at you to bite you, or spit acid balls, or lash at you with sort of frog-like tongues. Pretty interesting.

I haven't played MP with him yet, but we intend to do it.

Anyone else play this?
    Indifference is Bliss

I got it when it came out, and I enjoyed it, but multiplayer was real buggy, and I moved on pretty quickly. What class are you playing?
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Siren ATM. Was going to chose the sniper guy, but didn't like the idea of a pet (figured I'd never use it). I generally dislike melee characters in this sort of games, and the turret for the merc. seemed kind of unwieldy as well.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

The sniper pet is pretty sweet. It's more like a air strike than a meat shield, if that makes sense.

Comment

Do you have to worry about it getting killed?
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

No, it's just a power you can use once every 45 seconds. The bird flies out and ****s up one or more enemies. If you upgrade it, it can become pretty sweet.

You're getting me thinking that I should get back into it.

Comment

Aah. Crap. That would have been interesting.

Still, phasewalk is pretty interesting for getting out of tight spots...

I've now only got to kill the guy with the first relic, and get that. All other possible sidequests are done.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Ive played borderlands pretty extensively. (playthrough 1, 2, 2.5 and all DLC)

I love collecting the random loot...you mention Diablo and my team mate and I felt the same way. The silly sense of humour coupled with the random loot

He played a Siren and I played a soldier and that team was really strong. I think siren is the strongest class in the game and my soldier could keep him healed and in the fight.

The game is made for multiplayer, and if you arent playing multiplayer you are doing the game an injustice. The monsters and loot get better with more players and its just plain good fun
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I'm playing with a friend every now and then, and I'm trying to get other friends into playing as well. GOTY was released for the mac last year, so I've already convinced at least one more.

I've already beat the main game, and am going through the island of Dr. Ned ATM. I haven't played since the weekend though, since I've got class after work M-TH ATM.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                  X