Is this possible in ToT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this possible in ToT?

Can you script an event that the first time any of the (G, S,or F) civs captures any city of civ R there is a % of gaining a tech of civ R, but from a particular group?

In particular i'd like to have the Franks having a chance of getting techs from the colapsing western empire but only from the "Civilized I" tech group allowing them to eventually settle down.
    Moreover if they capture specific "arms factory cities" they will have a chance to discover mail, scale, lamelar armours etc.

As my Pc is fried at the momment i can't test anything but if it is possible it will save me a lot of trouble.

P.S1 When will the scenario league site be operational again?
    P.S2 When will the movement to Civfanatics be completed?
    "Wit is educated insolence".
    -Aristotle.

This is going to be a bit messy, but I think that it may be possible with events structured as follows:

@IF
    CITYTAKEN
    city=any of the target cities
    @AND
    RANDOMTURN
    denominator= (1=100%, 2=50%, 3=33% etc probability of getting tech)
    @THEN
    GIVETECHNOLOGY
    technology=any of the technologies you want given to the Franks.
    @ENDIF

This is pretty simplistic - any tech can be received from any city - but may result in the Franks not getting some techs.

If you want to make sure that the Franks receive all the "Civilized I" techs you will need to arrange it so that taking cities A or B will produce only tech X, taking cities C or D will produce only tech Y etc..

Trying to keep track of which techs have been received and which ones have not is not a place I would want to go.

BTW, could you please post the number of target cities, the number of "Civilized I" techs and the number of special techs. Some cities may need 2 events, one for a "Civilized I" tech and one for a special tech.

I assume that this is not a multiple event file scen.
    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

So it has to be done for each city specifically?
      I can't have f.e;

@IF
      CITYTAKEN
      city=ANYCITY
      OWNER=Romans

Moreover the formula you mentioned makes it so that the tech is given after a random number of turns, not that there is a random chance of getting a tech.Yes?
      -Aristotle.

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos2 View Post
        So it has to be done for each city specifically?
        I can't have f.e;

@IF
        CITYTAKEN
        city=ANYCITY
        OWNER=Romans
        If you do it without being specific with both city/cities and techs, you may miss one or more techs.

Moreover the formula you mentioned makes it so that the tech is given after a random number of turns, not that there is a random chance of getting a tech.Yes?
        No, I think you are thinking of DELAY.

However this approach will not work, I just tested it. I think you may have to use flags.

At start of each turn:

@IF
        RANDOMTURN
        @THEN
        FLAG
        flagx=on
        @ENDIF

At the end of the turn, set flagx=off

Change what I wrote in my previous post to:

@IF
        CITYTAKEN
        city=any of the target cities
        @AND
        CHECKFLAG
        flagx=on
        @THEN
        GIVETECHNOLOGY
        technology=any of the technologies you want given to the Franks.
        @ENDIF

P.S. If you need a crash course in events, check out Market Garden and El Aurens. Techumseh and Boco are experts.
        Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
        Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Hmmm...
          In any case thanks. I don't mind if the Franks loose a couple of techs-their absorption of the west is only meant to give them a boost.
          Maybe using flags is the key-untill i understand how it works. Am too MGEish in my thinking i'm afraid.

On a final note what parameters can i set to the GIVETECHNOLOGY order? Can i specify groups? Or can i use it to only give techs allowed to be event given? Can i use technology=ANY?
          I mean after all in vanilla every time you conquer a city you get a tech, right?
          -Aristotle.

Comment

Working...
          X