If a can of tomato paste is 3 years expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    Wait, is tomato paste just what you like to call tomato sauce?
    http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/fre...mato-paste.htm
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
      Diced tomatoes are my preference.
      If I go that route, I use Rotel.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Rotel
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Thank you, that was much more helpful than Speer's trolling.

Comment

I'd like to make a couple of points. Al is in a select few that can troll a thread that they started.
            Also, there's a time to jackass around, but when talk turns to cooking chili, that's not the time.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              Al is in a select few that can troll a thread that they started.
              Elitist.

Comment

I bake my tomato paste with oil, garlic, and onion. It's called tomato frito. Yummie.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  Wait, is tomato paste just what you like to call tomato sauce?
                  Hey gribbler, ever been to a supermarket? Ever seen this ****?

I guess mommy does all your shopping and cooking for you.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Also, there's a time to jackass around, but when talk turns to cooking chili, that's not the time.
                    I know, right. Tell 'em, Tex. That's your State food we're talking about!
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Tomato paste is used for sauces. Tomato sauces.
                      "

Comment

Try using it anyways?

A bit before I moved to Sweden, I threw out cans/boxes that were 5+ years after. I think the boxes were actually bad, but probably hadn't been bad a year or two before.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Thread of the Week
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Hey Alby..does tomato paste work well as...errr..a lubricant ....for.... you know...private time? Maybe you could experiment with your expired can if you havnt tried alerady? I/m sure alot of us would like to know
                            "

Comment

In the UK we have two classifications on food dates:

Use By - This is perishable food, eg. fresh meat, dairy etc. it is very likely to become dangerous to eat after the Use By date has passed, you should really never use anything after the use by date.

Best Before - It'll be nicer before that date, but generally you can still eat it after it's expired. It might say "once opened consume within x days" and you should probably follow that advice.

I assume you have something similar in the states, tomato paste that says "Best By xx/xx/xxxx" should be fine. Basically anything in a can should be fine.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Also, I think tomato paste is called tomato puree in the UK.
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X