No announcement yet.

Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All of the rivers were designed to not be big enough to become oceans, so they would retain the 2F2C, rather than 1F1C or whatever oceans are. I was careful about that.

Really, I think there's only 1 or 2 civs in the game that might not have access to the interconnected water body of the Med and rivers. I forget which, but "Dacia" (Hungary, I think) is the only one with a realistic chance of having no actual Med/Black Sea/Atlantic ports. That was somewhat on purpose to force them into Pannonia and hem in the Romans there, which is a bit realistic historically (Pannonia was a problem region for them up until Augustus/Tiberius, I think, and they never quite got the "Hungarian homeland" until late, if at all, iirc). That's their ticket to the sea, as they will find out pretty quickly anyway.

I don't want to discuss much more, though. I'll let individual players come up with their strats.

Regarding balance of large ships on rivers: you don't have to build cities on the "crossing points". It is a good way to defend against deep naval invasions if you just don't build forts/cities on the points. Although, then it becomes a trade-off of defending an easy point against land attacks to preventing deep naval penetration.

Comment

• Thanks for explanation Inca, thanks for modding, Ozzy.
      I'm going to implement it now.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Ok, so what's in the final version?: every ship or just sail ships? (btw even if it's the later you could still upgrade to modern units, it's just a bit more costly that way)

Comment

• Game has been restarted!

Comment

• Oh, and if makes anyone feel better about my knowledge of the map, I am severely confused over where exactly I am right now also

Comment

• Could you please inform us exactly which changes have been made?
              Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• Thanks Ozzy for all the modding

Comment

• Really, I think there's only 1 or 2 civs in the game that might not have access to the interconnected water body of the Med and rivers. I forget which, but "Dacia" (Hungary, I think) is the only one with a realistic chance of having no actual Med/Black Sea/Atlantic ports. That was somewhat on purpose to force them into Pannonia and hem in the Romans there, which is a bit realistic historically (Pannonia was a problem region for them up until Augustus/Tiberius, I think, and they never quite got the "Hungarian homeland" until late, if at all, iirc). That's their ticket to the sea, as they will find out pretty quickly anyway.

So... if I do not follow this scenario (and Rome will work along!! even after reading this) then I am screwed?
                  Nobody screws with Hungarians and lives

Bring it on.

Comment

• I can not play now because I am at school till late, how many hours are there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hungary (DoF) View Post
                      I can not play now because I am at school till late, how many hours are there?
                      According to http://www.playyourturn.com/?page_id=17&gameID=249 you have 2 day left. Didn't we suppose to have 12 hours per turn ?
                      Robert thanks for hosting (hope this was the last restart :-) ) and Ozzy for the modding part.

Comment

• The first turn is long, the rest will be on 8 hours timer I think. It's important not to skip the first turns until you found your first city at least. After that everything can be queued by using shift (research, unit movements, worker orders etc)
                        And even the first turn should not last this long, just don't forget to end your turn.
                        Btw: Greece hasn't played in the previous game, so we may have had to pause it. Does anyone know about them? Aren't we supposed to sub for them in this week (which is almost over anyway )

Comment

• Originally posted by Hungary (DoF) View Post
                          So... if I do not follow this scenario (and Rome will work along!! even after reading this) then I am screwed?
                          Nobody screws with Hungarians and lives

Bring it on.
                          Well, if you look at a map of Europe, that pretty much is your only way to the ocean, unless you want to plow through Bulgaria or Greece. I don't think I'm unveiling any great secrets here that couldn't be gleaned from studying a map of the Med and the starting players for a few minutes.

Note that I have no clue where the final civ placements are as Ozzy could very well have changed them. Perhaps you start in Numidia, I dunno.

Comment

• Go go Hungary!

The Roman border was at the Danube btw. Hungary had acces to the Adriatic Sea before she lost most of her territories after wwI.

Comment

• Whooho, this will be a fun game. Just saw on PYT that everyone has 1 point and appearently only the military victory conditions are active

(a reminder: don't forget to use the last mod from this post: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...=1#post5986783 , I think the game would still load with the previous one but it could cause problems later

Comment

• The No Score mod is not in place! Just For the Record.
                                Well, unless Ozzy modded it in of course without letting me know

Comment

Working...
                                X