Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source incomplete or PEBKAC?

Hi!

I just checked out the source to see if there is anything interesting in the AI section.
    Right now I do not intend to mod anything, but I'm doing a little AI research related to my studies, so basically wanted to see how it is made and structured and possibly also debug some in-game.
    I have already posted another thread about my inability to get the actual game files (pre-compiled latest version), but there's another issue:
    I checked out /anonsvn/trunk and opened /ctp2_code/ai/ctpai.cpp, since I figured that'd be the starting point, however NetBeans immediately shows me that there are .h files missing from the initial include list, starting with "GoalRecord.h" and ending with "DifficultyRecord.h", in total 10 files.

Have I checked out the wrong part of the repository and how can I get those and possibly other missing files, to see the full picture?

Any help appreciated, thanks.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Those files you are missing are generated during compiling. Go through the Apolyton Source Code readme to get it started. By the way, so far we have it only working on Microsoft compilers. But the is a starter version of Microsoft Visual Studio, so you should be able to get it started.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Ok, thanks.
      I will try Visual Studio, was opening it in NetBeans.
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Working...
      X