Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help installing

Hi!

Apolyton long timer, but first time thinking to try CTP Poly edition.
    So, I've been browsing around this forum, desperately trying to get the game files (I guess since source is available, the game is downloadable for free too, isn't it?).

However, best finds I got are these:

Neither of which seems to work anymore.
    I have downloaded the files from the first link "CTP2 Apolyton Edition", but they seem incomplete, coz upon trying to start the game it says "mss32.dll missing", which, as I found in another thread is supposed to be included in the game dir (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm trying to run this on Windows 7 32bit machine and I have never had this mss32.dll thing before, so my guess it's something about CTP.
    I also set the exe to run in compatibility mode for XP SP3 as well as "run as administrator", but that didn't seem to help.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Ok, me bad, I actually need a CD of game, gonna try finding one.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Well, you don't need the CD anymore, but you still need the game files, either get them from a CD or use the download version of Good Old Games.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
      X