The feat of arms on ice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The feat of arms on ice.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

We are the Champions, Asher, my friend
    'cause Russia keeps fighting to the end!

UNBELIEVABLE RUSSIA!

Cry, cry, cry, CANADA, CRYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Until you stop to treat us with arrogance we will always beat you... suckers.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GAME!!! WHAT A TEAM!!! WHAT A SPIRIT!!!

ROSSIYA!!! ROSSIYA!!! ROSSIYA!!!

BUFFALO, N.Y.—This one will be talked about for years to come.

The guy is damn right. You don't see such heroic comebacks every day.

Last edited by Serb; January 26, 2011, 09:04.

NYE already posted this thread complete with your name in the title.

Why so much hype about what looks like JUNIOR hockey?

What is junior hockey in non-America? Cause if these are 15 year olds...
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

17-20 yo, Al.

It is a bit like college football bowl games or March Madness.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        NYE already posted this thread complete with your name in the title.
        Damn copypasters. Link?
        Why so much hype about what looks like JUNIOR hockey?
        1) Because Asher always taught me that is the most important international hockey competition after Olympics.
        2) That was just a U20 final, indeed, a junior hockey technically, but not in spirit of the game. Our boys are real men. THIS IS SPARTA!!! THIS IS RUSSIA!!!
        What is junior hockey in non-America? Cause if these are 15 year olds...
        In Russia no Russian tv-chanel even broadcasted it or any other game of U20 WC. Go figure how it is important here. I had to watch it on Eurosport2. So, at least for the rest of Euros this competition means something.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
          17-20 yo, Al.

It is a bit like college football bowl games or March Madness.
          Your Bunny is crying like the rest of Canada. Cry, Canada, cry!!! YEAH, BABY, YEAH!!!

Where is mad Asher already? Probably still hitting the wall with his head and send curses to me and entire Russia, I guess.

Comment

Russia

Boy do I love it when Canada gets pwned.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
              Your Bunny is crying like the rest of Canada. Cry, Canada, cry!!! YEAH, BABY, YEAH!!!

Where is mad Asher already? Probably still hitting the wall with his head and send curses to me and entire Russia, I guess.

Stay classy, baby.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Comment

I actually didn't see a single game of the World Juniors this year. The timing was awful, I don't get home til ~7:30pm MST which is 9:30pm EST which means the game is all over.

Canada wasn't even expected to make it to the Gold medal game this year since the top young players are all good enough to play in the NHL now (and are doing so), so it was a mostly rag-tag group of "old school" physical players. Another reason I never watched a game this year.

Also, the Russian team was so classy as to get kicked off their flight home.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Until you stop to treat us with arrogance we will always beat you... suckers.

Why don't you remind everyone of Canada's record vs Russia the last 10 years in the World Juniors. How many Golds does Canada have? How many Russia?

Who won the 2010 Olympics?

Also fascinating that you've done nothing but bash the World Juniors tournament in the past, and now you're euphoric over the result.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      I actually didn't see a single game of the World Juniors this year. The timing was awful, I don't get home til ~7:30pm MST which is 9:30pm EST which means the game is all over.
                      Your problem (not that I trust that you've missed the finals entierly).
                      You have hooked me on this show few years ago. And after a couple of years I'm gonna agree with you. It's quite a competition I've never cared about before (my shame). Consider this EPIC defeat as pay-back for your thievery, when you have stolen a victory from us just a four damn seconds before the final whistle. That was your celebration, your miracle and your feat of arms on ice. (that was a pain, really). But today is our day. And that your feat of arms is nowhere near to ours in magnitude. 0-3 in the first two, then 5-3 in the third period. No way, Asher - it's legendary. If you really missed this game, I really feel pitty for you.

Canada wasn't even expected to make it to the Gold medal game

this year since the top young players are all good enough to play in the NHL now (and are doing so), so it was a mostly rag-tag group of "old school" physical players. Another reason I never watched a game this year.
                      Blah-blah-blah. An ordinary Asher's whinings like I heard so many times ago whenever we kicked your precious arses. Please, keep this crap going.
                      I JUST LOVE IT!!!

But the bold line is pure brilliant. This one:
                      Canada wasn't even expected to make it to the Gold medal game

Tell me, that is why your PM (for a second - a God damn Prime Minister of Canada - the second most imortant man of your "State" after the Queen of Britain of course) was creaming his shady pants whenever team Canada scored? 'cause basically nobody in Canada even cared about your team and 'cause Canada wasn't even expected to make it to the finals? That is why?
                      That's why nearly 20K of crowd was shouting "Canada, Cananda" waving Canadian banners and posters like "Ovechkin-0 - Crossby - 1" (like any of them played, but that was Canadian banners, so it's ok I guess), "I love gold", "Silver is not an option". "PWN the Russians", "It's our game" "Vodka will lessen the pain", "Niet Russia" and the rest of your arrogant Canadian bullsh!t?

You must be kiding me.

ARE YOU TRYING TO CONVINCE ME THAT ANYBODY IN CANADA EXPECTED ANYTHING FROM TEAM CANADA, BUT GOLD???

Nice try, Asher. That was the best self-pwnage since your explaniation of team's Canada defeat to Russia in 2006 Olympics.

Also, the Russian team was so classy as to get kicked off their flight home.
                      I have no idea wtf are you talking about. Please, explain.
                      edited: I didn't watch the news that day, beeing busy celebrating both our victory and Christmas. Yeah, guys were drunk - big f***ing deal. Stupid American laws. In accordance with our laws they had all rights to be drunk, since all of them are over 18 years old. And you can buy alcohol in Russia if you are 18.

edited: DAMN. Moreover - F***K this new Poly engine. I've spent an half of the hour to reply your second post, but it's gone with a single click. F*ck it. The previous engine was WAY MORE friendly, comfortable and just plain better (guess why? 'cause it was designed by Russian). F*ck it. I'll reply your whining later.
                      Last edited by Serb; January 9, 2011, 14:35.

Comment

You're way too emotional about this, Serb.

It's telling that you've not even mentioned this tourney before until you guys won. I trust that if you had lost, as you usually do, you'd not have mentioned it at all.

I've spent an half of the hour to reply your second post,

Comment

BTW

Canada in the underdog role at world juniors

Now that the big showdown with the United States is at hand, it is clear the forecasts of Canada as the underdog are all too accurate.

The United States rolled through the preliminary round and into Monday night’s world junior hockey championship semi-final undefeated. The Americans sport the best goaltender in the tournament in Jack Campbell and his .957 save percentage in four games.

All you can say about Canada in that department is there are two goaltenders on the team, even if Monday’s starter, Mark Visentin of the Ontario Hockey League’s Niagara IceDogs, has a .963 save percentage. However, that is from two games against mighty Norway and Switzerland and it includes what could be the worst goal of the tournament, one that gave the Swiss the early lead in the quarter-final and gave Canada a big scare.

“It doesn’t matter what it’s sliced or diced on paper,” Canadian head coach Dave Cameron said Monday morning. “We’ve got to win the game.”

One thing in Canada’s favour is the Americans might be undefeated but they would not be in the semi-finals without Campbell. The Americans scored a mere 15 goals so far and their top scorer, forward Charlie Coyle, sits 14th in the tournament scoring race with six points in four games. Canadian centre Brayden Schenn is the leader with 16 points in five games.

However, the Americans do have lots of speed and Canada’s defence is not impressing anyone so far. The defencemen looked slow and tentative against the speedy Swedes in the loss that cost Canada the Group B bye into the semi-finals.

But Campbell, who plays for the Windsor Spitfires of the OHL, will be the key to the game. If the Canadian forwards can rattle him, they have a chance to make Wednesday’s gold-medal game.

“The challenge we have is not the number of shots, it’s the quality of shots,” Cameron said. “We have to get traffic, tips in front of him.”

Something else the Canadians have going for them is the crowd. The vast majority of ticket sales for the tournament were to Canadians and this crowd is expected to reflect that.

Cameron, who relishes conversation the way Brian Burke relishes discussion of the Phil Kessel trade, was asked what he expects from the crowd: “I expect noise.”

This was the talk of the media (and everyone I knew) even before the tourney started. The vast majority of the U20 skill players were so great they were playing in the NHL and could not attend the tourney. As a result, Canada constructed a big/heavy/tough team in absence of skill. They went in with everyone considering them an underdog, with the US being the favourite.

Comment

In related news, ~190,000 people have entered the lottery for a chance to get tickets to next year's World Juniors in Calgary/Edmonton...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              You're way too emotional about this, Serb.
                              Yep, 'cause I was dead drunk.

It's telling that you've not even mentioned this tourney before until you guys won. I trust that if you had lost, as you usually do, you'd not have mentioned it at all.
                              It's my strategy for a period of time. Whenever I posted crap like "we will bury you" - we lost. So, I switched my tactics to either complete silence until it's all over or to even bashing our team (like I did during the Euro-2008 when I bet all the time 0-10 against Russia in prediction thread). And it worked. I don't even comment any ongoing game, if you haven't noticed.

I've spent an half of the hour to reply your second post,

Yeah, I love long buggy posts when I'm dead drunk.
                              Last edited by Serb; January 9, 2011, 19:24.

Comment

Working...
                              X