As if deity isn't enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As if deity isn't enough

Is there a way to make the host and the other players equal from start? I mean, why can the host begin begin with so many technologies and the other human players with nothing. Sure as hell he has it a bit easier if he starts with Monarchy.

If you play with a host of any honor and integrity at all, he'll restart game until it's an even start.

Starts aren't a one shot deal.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I've hosted over 500 games, and we have restarted everytime I got techs.

RAH
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have also hosted many games, and have always restarted when I got tech(s)...

And for those that don't trust that your host is being completely honest... just check the Demographics...
        If you show as being 2nd in literacy and not 1st, your host has a tech or two
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

hmm thx for the info ming i have hosted many games myself after about 5 trys i can usually get a clean start for everyone but i always worry when i host so i will use that tip

Comment

Hmmm, am I missing something here?
            The host is the only one that can get techs in an MP game. If your hosting, and you don't get any techs, you don't need to check if anyone else does, since they can't.

Or is this some MAC thing

RAH
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If you do think the host has a tech start but fails to tell you or even lies and says he is clean, just save before the first move and later check the save . I am sure the person will never do it again after having his name plastered all over the word CHEAT
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by rah

The host is the only one that can get techs in an MP game.

RAH
                I didn't know that. Is that a fact. I may be wrong but I thought I have started with techs as a non-host.

PS I always offer to restart if i get techs or extra settler in a non-deity game.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                  Hmmm, am I missing something here?
                  The host is the only one that can get techs in an MP game. If your hosting, and you don't get any techs, you don't need to check if anyone else does, since they can't.

Or is this some MAC thing

RAH
                  I think you're making a mistake, Rah.
                  I know if I host and have an advance at start, but it's not lettered in white, someone else has too.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

yeah im fairly sure that other players have started with tech but even so the computer does things like give people 2 setts so it has a way of balanceing things out sometimes

Comment

I would like to see proof that a non host has gotten a tech in a mp game. 1000's of games, and never seen it. I'll stand by the fact that only Hosts can start with techs in the PC version of Civ MPG with the latest patch loaded for all players, and at Deity... with nobody cheating
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Maybe people getting ,istaken between the basic start techs and the extras the host gets
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Nonhost players don't get techs at MP (with the patch, and maybe regardless of the patch). It's that simple.

I feel sorry for those of you who have to worry about these things. Play with rah, you won't be so damn paranoid while you're getting your ass kicked.
                          "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
                          Jonathan Swift

Comment

Thanks, Bird. That is the one benifit of playing with the same group. We can always promise a FAIR game.

On the issue of techs, my question would be what level is being played and are there AIs in the game? Since we 99% of the time play deity with no AIs, those are the only settings that I can answer on with any authority.

Rich
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good point. I was assuming deity level.
                              "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
                              Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                              X