2011 Fantasy GOLF at Yahoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Fantasy GOLF at Yahoo

Last year we had 12 people from Poly and FFZ and it was a competitive season, it was, it was. I'd be happy to get 12 again but the league will be open to anyone and everyone so lets get 13 this time.

The format is an 8 man roster per weekly tournament with 2 A players, 4 B players, and 2 C players. Generally the A players are better than the B and the B are better than C, but thats a generality - C players can go on runs and become stars almost overnight. You get to pick 1 A, 2 B, and 1 C - a foursome - each day of the tournament with Friday's round typically the cut day to see who plays on the weekend. There will be at least 1 tournament, maybe 2 that starts on Wednesdays (and 1 is early in the season - the Bob Hope Classic out near Indio I think, a 5 day event).

The season is divided up into 3 sessions, winter, spring and summer - 12 weeks per session and people can join late if they miss a few weeks of the winter session and they can still compete head to head in the spring and summer sessions.

It looks like we have the option of dropping the low score for each session and we need to vote on that (this is why I'm starting this thread now because the season wont start until January out in Hawaii.

Somebody (maybe me) will start the league in the near future and the information will be posted then...

Dude we REALLY need the option to Drop 1 Week per Segment, we talked about it here and even suggested it to Yahoo (at least I know I did for the last 3 years!)

Comment

That's enough discussion for me. Let's get it set up. I nominate Berz (2010 champ) as commish.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

ID 3836
        Group Name FFZ/Poly
        Group Password fore

and the mulligan option is enabled, yahoo will drop our lowest score for each segment - thats 3 weeks over all.

Comment

wow, the 1st week (that mulligan is a must) is in Hawaii Jan 6-9

After the Hawaiian swing they'll head for the Bob Hope Classic in the Cal desert later in January or early February I think - dont forget, thats a 5 day event starting on Wednesday - and high scoring! You dont want that to be your low score for the winter session... Tournaments with smaller fields tend to be higher scoring too.

for anyone not familiar with the scoring system

20 pts is the maximum for the day's low scorer and each stroke behind the leader is 2 pts below that, eg -7 gets 20 pts, -6 gets 18 pts, -5 gets 16 pts, and -2 gets 10 pts. And a -5 round is still 16 pts even if no one shot shot -6. A par round would get 6 pts and a +3 or worse gets a goose egg 0 (no negative points). To get pts your player needs to be within 10 strokes of the day's best score and as I said, each stroke behind the leader is 2 pts, so if some guy goes wild and shoots 10 under, par shooters get nothing and our scores are lowered by the curve.

Bonuses are awarded for golfers finishing 1-2-3 (and ties) for the tournament - 20 pts for the winner, 10 pts for 2nd place, and 5 pts for 3rd place. A tie for 1st is possible but highly unlikely, tourney officials want a winner and will do what they can to get sudden death played - even adding a day (Monday sudden deaths are possible). A tie at 2nd negates 3rd place finishes but its possible to have a bunch of players tied at 2nd or 3rd (but not both). The miracle tournament would be all 8 players getting a bonus, I'm not sure but I think 3-4 bonuses is the best we've seen so far.

Past problems - sometimes yahoo is slow or the 2nd day is called for weather or darkness, so be careful editing your team for the weekend (assuming its a "cut" tournament where part of the field is eliminated before the weekend). If you have a player near the cut line you might want to replace him - they'll finish that 2nd "pre-cut" round Saturday morning and then play the 3rd round so you could be out 1 player if he misses the cut Saturday morning. In the past yahoo had a late night deadline but I think they've changed it now to an hour of whatever before the first tee off time.
          Last edited by Berzerker; December 17, 2010, 18:08.

Comment

Vicious Rabbits are, as always, IN.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Ramsey's Duffers have joined.

Comment

I think I joined, but when I did I got this

Group ID# 3836
                Group Name FFZ/Poly
                Drop Weeks No, use all weeks

So it looks like its still use all weeks. Berz, look into this.

NEVER MIND, when I get into the league it says mulligan option in effect.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The Euros are in and are the 2011 incarnation of the Oerdin/Loinburger of 2010

Comment

Hey Skyfish, did you know that both Oerdin and Loinburger got banned from this site?
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Hence my team's name

Comment

Oh and shame on all of you for banning two of the funniest posters ever...

Comment

Geez, I'm thinking of spending $250 on a putter - I aint too fond of paying that much for a driver

anyone ever try Nike's method putters?

oh well, cant take it with ya

Comment

Fantasy Deadline:

January 6, 2:00am PST

or

January 6, 5 am est

that still sucks, they tee off real early but 5 minutes should be enough - wtf does yahoo need 2-3 hours? We can make edits to other teams 5 minutes before game time and we're hitting rocks around with crooked sticks.

Comment

Last chance, kids. It's a helluvalot easier than any other fantasy sports game, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X