Help with apolyton and cradle installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with apolyton and cradle installation

Hi all I am new on the forums. Only few days ago I discovered CTP2. Actualy I knew about the game but always thought it was some expansion for Civ 2. But I see now that this is totaly different game and what I can see with few features that Civ serial should have (like public works, I always hated workers in Civ, especialy later in the game). Ok to get to the point. I was cruising the forum for last few days and it seems to me that apolyton (I mean source code) and cradle are the two mods that everybody are talking about. So I have few questions and hope someone will find patience and time to answer them. Ok, so here it goes:

1. First and most important can you have both of these mods installed together and with what effects? If not which one should I install and why?

2. I already tried to install the latest version of apolyton mod (Revision 1097, I presume this is the last version) but I had problems (my game is patched to 1.11). First with some error mess about missing units. After I found the fix I started it but I got distorted graphics in game menu bars. I installed it with copying all the files in CTP2 folder and run it from scenario in game options. What am I doing wrong?

3. I found three files for cradle 3. Full version, update for using with apolyton (but it says it is for older version) and timelines ad-on. Do I need this update or not? What files to use?

4. I read that I need ModSwapper for runing mods. So do I then need to copy mods in CTP2 folder or not, because they overwrite files? Or do I run them from separate folder usin MS? Do I need MS for apolyton? Also what is the latest version of MS and where to get it? I found v1.2.

5. Where to find LOTR mod for CTP2? The only link I could find was broken.

Sorry for so much questions. I hope someone will have patiance to answer. If not please point me to the place where I can find some answers. Thanks.
    Last edited by Februarius; December 11, 2010, 14:19.

1. My suggestion is to have a separate installation of CTP2 for both Cradle and the Source Code. Install the default game with the patch and Modswapper, then copy the entire folder structure into a new folder (label this folder CTP2 Cradle) YOU NEED MODSWAPPER 1.12 TO RUN CRADLE, so create a shortcut of the Modswapper.exe located in this folder to your desktop. You will be launching Cradle games from this shortcut, not from running the disk (...the disk will have to be in your CD drive though). You can use the original folder for the Apolyton Pack Source Code, or for further copying. The reason for the separate installs to to prevent any file conflicts...Cradle does overwrite existing game files.

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE READMEs for details about Cradle, as well as specific instructions for installation.

3. DO NOT USE CRADLE WITH THE CURRENT SOURCE CODE BUILD. Cradle is built on an (much) earlier version of the Source Code, and I am no longer keeping it current with the build, so I cannot promise a stable game. The files are there for players who are comfortable with testing the files with the ongoing Source Code project. IMO, the additions of the Source Code project do not add much to Cradle, because the changes in Cradle are substantial in their own right, when compared to the regular game, and the Source Code additions are primarily devoted to fixing the default game. Use the base Cradle files and the regular (non-Apolyton) Update. Timelines adds a new play option to your Modswapper options, but this is not required to play Cradle (see the readme for the specifics).

5. LOTR Mod - http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/down...p?do=cat&id=12. Devote a separate CTP2 installation to this Mod also, and it also requires launching from Modswapper.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Thank you for your detailed info and help. This was just what I needed. Yesterday I realized that there is Apolyton source code and apolyton mod pack. I thought it was the same thing. I got the two runing yesterday without problems. Today I will do as you say with cradle and Lotr. Again thank you for your help.

ps. The download link for LOTR mod on the page you gave me is broken.
      Last edited by Februarius; December 13, 2010, 03:48.

Comment

Working...
      X