Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    What is Led Zeppelin? A rock band?
    You should be kidding me. I'd like to think you're kidding me. But sadly, you're probably not kidding me.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The songs have no relation to each other, as far as I can tell. The Led Zeppelin song is from 1971 and the O'Jays song is from 1975, by the way. Just same titles, apparently.

I've heard that reference before though "Stairway to Heaven". I didn't know it was a rock band's song as well.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

What is Led Zepplin? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!!!
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Listened to the first 1:06 of the O'Jays song, then stopped to save my puny bandwidth. Thank God it wasn't a cover of the Zeppelin song.
          1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
            What is Led Zepplin? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!!!
            I don't listen to rock music. How would I know this? Especially four decade old rock music. My mother didn't listen to this.

I mean I know some rock songs though I don't think I know any Led Zeppelin songs cause that Stairway to Heaven is new to me. I'm aware of the existence of the bigger acts like the Beatles, Elvis, Queen, stuff like that. And I know some songs that are really popular and used for a lot of stuff like that Kiss song which I can't think of right now but it's in Madden 11 or some Ozzy Osbourne song (Crazy Train, I think it's called). I'm not totally clueless. I am aware of stuff like Foreigner and whoever sang the song Every Rose has a Thorn. Stuff like that. I just don't know the obscure stuff.

Oh and I like Coldplay, The Killers, Maroon 5, etc. so I'm aware of some of the newer rock music.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

LED ZEPPLIN IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST ROCK BANDS OF ALL TIME!

That'd be like someone saying they didn't know who Marvin Gaye was.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Obscure. LZ is obscure? FFS, that's too much!

1011 1100

Comment

I grew up with this stuff. Love it all, but IV was the successful synthesis of blues roots and kickass hard rock, albeit with hippie/Tolkein symbology (but such were the times). Another day I might go with II, but overall, IV was Zep at its creative and performance peak.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

What the "experts" say, for what that's worth.

'Led Zeppelin IV' - Led Zeppelin
                    Led Zeppelin's fourth album actually has no title that can be pronounced or reproduced with alphanumeric characters, consisting instead of a series of hand drawn symbols. The group could go hard, as with "Rock and Roll" or soft, as with "Stairway To Heaven," the song believed to have received the most radio airplay of all time. Because it represents the band's broad range of musical styles, this album (also sometimes known as Zoso or The Rune Album) is an essential.

Physical Graffiti wasn't particularly well-received, but I've always like it. I was in the circus when it was issued.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Okay, let's try this. Did you see that crappy 90's Godzilla remake starring Matthew Broderick? When the ending credits finally played, you heard P. Diddy or whoeverTF he was then desecrating a Zeppelin song called Kashmir. He replaced the exotic lyrics about strange landscapes and ancient Islamic mystics with a lot of grunting, but he got Jimmy Page to play it for some horrid reason and the tune was the same.

Also, Cadillac has been licensing their song "Rock and Roll" for its commercials for the past billion years now.
                      1011 1100

Comment

Sorry I seriously never heard of that stairway to heaven song. Do they have a more famous song that I might have heard? I'm pretty sure I never heard Led Zeppelin before.

Hey this may be a good place to ask. I'm trying to remember who this guy or band is... it was 80's rock. One of their songs had a video with a woman on the hood of a car or something. What band is that? I can't remember the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                          Okay, let's try this. Did you see that crappy 90's Godzilla remake starring Matthew Broderick? When the ending credits finally played, you heard P. Diddy or whoeverTF he was then desecrating a Zeppelin song called Kashmir. He replaced the exotic lyrics about strange landscapes and ancient Islamic mystics with a lot of grunting, but he got Jimmy Page to play it for some horrid reason and the tune was the same.

Also, Cadillac has been licensing their song "Rock and Roll" for its commercials for the past billion years now.
                          I didn't watch that Godzilla movie.

I'll check their rock and roll song and see if it rings a bell.

Comment

Sorry I seriously never heard of that stairway to heaven song. Do they have a more famous song that I might have heard? I'm pretty sure I never heard Led Zeppelin before.

I'm SHOCKED. Truly. Stairway To Heaven has been played to the point that I don't care if I never hear it again.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm trying to remember who this guy or band is... it was 80's rock. One of their songs had a video with a woman on the hood of a car or something. What band is that? I can't remember the name.
                              If there were beards involved, that would be ZZ Top.

But "woman and car, 80s rock band" could be a lot of groups. Like, most of them. Need specifics.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Hey this may be a good place to ask. I'm trying to remember who this guy or band is... it was 80's rock. One of their songs had a video with a woman on the hood of a car or something. What band is that? I can't remember the name.
                                Well, that's a clear descriptor. Did this eighties band also have big hair and use synthesizers?
                                1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                                X