No announcement yet.

And now for more important matters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay that ohhhh aaaahhhh part he does. I recognize that. It is in commercials for cadillac. The rest of it I don't know.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Excellent site for lists and jarring the memory.
      DigitalDreamDoor is a website featuring Greatest Music, Movie, Video Games, and Book lists, plus music related articles and timelines.

Rock songs, from that site.
      DigitalDreamDoor is a website featuring Greatest Music, Movie, Video Games, and Book lists, plus music related articles and timelines.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        If there were beards involved, that would be ZZ Top.

But "woman and car, 80s rock band" could be a lot of groups. Like, most of them. Need specifics.
        No it wasn't ZZ Top. I know who they are because they were featured on an episode of King of the Hill

I guess it's vague. I'll figure it out.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          I grew up with this stuff. Love it all, but IV was the successful synthesis of blues roots and kickass hard rock, albeit with hippie/Tolkein symbology (but such were the times). Another day I might go with II, but overall, IV was Zep at its creative and performance peak.
          Ramble On had plainly superior Tolkien references. Nothing like lamenting that Gollum and Sauron stole your woman.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Figured it out. I had to think of what their other songs were. I remembered they made a cover of the Bobby Bland song Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City so once I looked for covers of that song, I found it. I was thinking of Whitesnake. I like the song "Is this love?". The one with the chick on the car is "Here I Go Again" (yes, it features big hair and synthesizers ). I don't really know their songs but I like those. I like Foreigner, Queen, stuff like that. Or at least their famous singles. Not too familiar with their other stuff.

Comment

Al, I generally don't listen to anything written after the 1940s, and not only do I know full well what LZ is, I could also hum the tune from Stairway to Heaven. You can't make excuses for not knowing something as basic as this. You're a cultural illiterate.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

This is what makes Alby so endlessly fascinating. Endless self-importance and cocksure attitude stacked atop stunning lack of basic awareness.

[I'm gonna add a j/k here, Alby. And even a wink. Feel the love.]
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I know the video. Whitesnake. Here I go again on my own.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Yeah those Whitesnake songs are the ****. There was a bunch of 80's rock that was good. Foreigner, Poison, Eddie Money, stuff like that.

Jrabbit and Boris, I bet I know more about other genres of music than you do though. I'm not going to call you illiterate because you may not be familiar with something. I just would consider you weren't exposed to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      Jrabbit and Boris, I bet I know more about other genres of music than you do though. I'm not going to call you illiterate because you may not be familiar with something. I just would consider you weren't exposed to it.
                      Are they ignorant of musical groups that have sold over 300 million records worldwide?

Comment

The one with the chick on the car is "Here I Go Again" (yes, it features big hair and synthesizers ). I don't really know their songs but I like those.
                        That would be The Cars. New-wave with a touch of nerd. Ric Ocasek was a poor excuse for a frontman but a good pop songwriter. And he gave eternal hope to all us tall skinny guys by marrying a supermodel -- Paulina Porizkova.

The amazing part? They remain married today, like 16 years later.
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

No, Jrabbit. I already said it's a Whitesnake song. I figured it out.

This one:

Comment

Oops, that song was "Here She Comes Again," not "Here I Go Again."

See, I'm senile. But fairly well-rounded culturally.

Comment

Pretty much the only way to overstate the prominence of LZ is to say they were bigger than the Beatles.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                                Are they ignorant of musical groups that have sold over 300 million records worldwide?
                                I'm pretty sure if I asked people I know who don't like rock music who Led Zeppelin is, they wouldn't know or they'd have a vague, aren't they a rock band or something? I might just do it to see how many people know who they are and if they can at least identify their songs.

Comment

Working...
                                X