Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Serious] When will China exceed the US in aggregate nominal GDP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only deities can see who's a double deity.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I'm still hopeful that we'll get some real mods in here soon to give me a PCR before I end up seeing double deities. Poor MikeH doesn't even know how to do that sort of thing...

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        He still manages to post less than you. You came back, what, six months ago and you've made 3000 posts since then?
        I have 450 posts in the Fantasy Football thread, 583 in the NFL thread, and 401 in the music thread. My posts are surprisingly concentrated in a few topics.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
          Danny-boy, you've really managed to make a fool of yourself here.

The question "when will China exceed the US in aggregate nominal GDP" ONLY HAS ONE ****ING MEANING. It is NOT dependent on CPI, PPP or any other ****ing "real" conversion/deflator.

You are one dumb son of a *****.
          Take your happy pills and come back when you are finally adressing the point I am making: in order to compare the point when China will slow down with the point when Japan started to slow down you need to adapt for both the PPP and the CPI.

BTW, Drake is still attached to your arse. Remove hmim or he might cause an infection.
          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Okay so for comparison:

PPP GDP per capita (IMF):
            US: 45,900
            Japan: 32,500
            S. Korea: 27,900
            China: 6,700
            Taiwan (FYI): 31,700 (nearly up to Japan!)

China is approaching that 7000 mark where 31 of 40 countries had their growth slowed by an average of 2.8 percentage points upon hitting it. If China's current GDP growth per capita is under 9% (accounting for population growth), then, assuming averages play out, you're talking maybe 6% growth looking forward.
            So now that China has surpassed the magical $7000 PPP mark, it should be slowing down dramatically. Right Alby?

Comment

• A Chinese slowdown is actually quite likely.

Comment

• In terms of PPP-adjusted dollars, China now has a larger GDP than the US.

In nominal terms China is now ~60% of the US

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post

Only deities can see who's a double deity.

Now that I'm deity I can see that KH was lying
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post

Now that I'm deity I can see that KH was lying
                      They changed it. Only Double Dieties can see now.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                        In terms of PPP-adjusted dollars, China now has a larger GDP than the US.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._GDP_%28PPP%29
                        Only dumb****s like dannubis care about PPP-adjusted GDP figures.

Comment

• Or people who think the real exchange rate should be taken into account when comparing countries...?

Comment

Working...
                          X