It's The Ashes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's The Ashes!

Could an understanding Mod please move this thread to the correct forum. Thanks, Mike.

Or in fact, maybe keep it here and annoy our Merkin friends. Speer in particular, could get quite livid over this one.

Damn right I'd be livid.

But since I never heard of a real sport taking days to complete a single game with breaks for lunch and whatever the **** 'tea' is... I guess it doesn't belong in the Sports forum, after all.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The whole purpose of cricket is to beat the Poms and keep "The Ashes" where they rightfully belong. In Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        Damn right I'd be livid.

But since I never heard of a real sport taking days to complete a single game with breaks for lunch and whatever the **** 'tea' is... I guess it doesn't belong in the Sports forum, after all.
        You just don't understand that the Poms must be beaten in the Ashes.

Comment

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

"Poms", in the context of Australian-English cricketing rivalry, means the English cricket team. The "Poms" are our sporting enemy on the cricket field.

On the rugby field the "Kiwis" (New Zealanders) are our worst enemies.

Unconfused?

Comment

Pom drink is very good.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                The whole purpose of cricket is to beat the Poms and keep "The Ashes" where they rightfully belong. In Australia.
                The Ashes never really move from Lords - FACT. D'ya think we'd let a bunch of convicts get their hands on the real thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                  The Ashes never really move from Lords - FACT. D'ya think we'd let a bunch of convicts get their hands on the real thing?
                  Not really. I suppose we will have to burgle the place in the dead of night. Put our convict skills to good use.

Comment

burgle? I mean I assume that's the logical verb for the action of a burglar but damn it sounds retarded. Burgle?

Comment

I burgle, you burgle, he/she/it burgles.
                      We burgle, you (plural) burgle, they burgle.

From medieval latin burgare - to break open.

Many words look funny when you look at them. I'm sure you can learn to live with it.

Comment

I've also never heard or seen it before. Is it a common word in Australia?

Comment

It's a common word in the English speaking world, which Philadelphia is not a part of.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

A quick summary.

Australia, of late, are a bit rubbish. However they're going to win the series 2-1 because there's only two grounds where swing will be a real factor (so Anderson will be largely neutralised) and England keep picking Cook. Cook is ****.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Why was this thread moved from its proper place in the OT? Cricket is a beautiful game, but it's no sport.

Go Australia.

Comment

Working...
                              X