True British patience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True British patience?

How much more can you take before there is a breaking point?

Oh, I thought this was about me supporting the Toon and the Vikings....

Frankly, these idiots have the right to free speech as much as the people marching against the war in Hyde Park. The British response should be to boo them, as is our right to free speech, whether you believe in the war or not, but a certain group of morons are trying to march against them and kick them out of the country (which won't happen, but such are the deluded).

Comment

Is there a limit to free speach when they call for the overthrow of the government?

Comment

Nope, only if they decide to go about it by packing the cellars of the Houses of Parliament with gunpowder....

Comment

I'm quite sure some of their speech is technically illegal in Britain (technically because they aren't the right colour to be persecuted).

Freedom of speech unfortunately isn't as strong in the UK as in the US since various petty laws limit it. The US is a great place in this regard. USA
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

This is what free speech means folks.

If there isn't freedom for people to say things we don't like, then it's not free speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
              This is what free speech means folks.

If there isn't freedom for people to say things we don't like, then it's not free speech.
              +1

Freedom of speech
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Freedom of bananas?
                APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Perfection View Post
                  Freedom of bananas?
                  Free bananas?

Comment

"There's no such thing as a free banana." Milton Friedman

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                      "There's no such thing as a free banana." Milton Friedman
                      Umh. "Five finger discount" at the fruit shop?

Comment

You know in general the type of people who run around repeatedly chanting "My _____ is better than yours are children." You know: "My Daddy is better than yours", "my house is better than yours", "my lunch box is better than yours", etc. etc. etc. Instead of telling the Muslims to ogo back to where they came from someone should politely point out to them that they're behaving in a childish manner.

... and then when the Muslims attack that person the police can shoot them and still feel good about it.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

What're they going to do about the swine flu???
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                            Free bananas?
                            But what if there are NO bananas?!

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              What're they going to do about the swine flu???
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X