Is this a bug? No upgrades on Stealth Bomber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a bug? No upgrades on Stealth Bomber

Ok, so I go the "Stealth" technology, and the game won't allow me to upgrade my Bombers to Stealth Bombers. Is this intentional or a bug? Also, when I built some Stealth Bombers, no matter how many successful attacks they made, I never get the options to give them any promotions, even though my regular Bomber units had received several promotions when I had used them. Is there some bug here or are Stealth Bombers supposed to not get promotions?
    Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

I observed both of the same things in my early games.

More recently I find that I can get a lot more oil than aluminum, and the only things that need oil that I build are bombers and the occasional battleship and carrier, so I don't really want to upgrade my regular bombers, and even they weren't bugged on getting experience I wouldn't likely be building stealths.

Aluminum would be even more precious if upgrading artillery to rocket artillery weren't bugged (the unit still needs to "set up" after the upgrade). Ditto if the AIs built air forces, so fighters/jet fighters would be more useful. But as it is there's rarely enough aluminum for the hydro plants and often spaceship factories I want.

Comment

I've gotten promotions for my Stealth Bomber.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I've gotten tons of experience for my stealth bombers but never gotten an upgrade. also, why don't they show the air unit expience the same way that they show other unit expience. very annoying.

@ dr strangelove: do you still have the game with stealth bomber upgrades? can you log back in and verify that you actually got them? I ask b/c I've literally spent 100's of turns in the past bombing the tar out of rivals with stealth bombers and not gotten anything. as a comparison, on some games I get to lvl8 or 9 with my regular bombers, but zilch with the stealth bombers.

Comment

Sorry, but no, I don't.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

might be fixed with the patch - they mentioned new upgrade paths.

my artillery never upgraded properly to rocket artillery either, always had to set up.

Comment

Working...
            X