Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should bosses be allowed to tell their employees to cut their hair and shave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should bosses be allowed to tell their employees to cut their hair and shave?

In some professions it is necessary, if you are an ophthalmologist with long hair, it may get into the eye of the patient by accident.

But what if you have a normal desk job?
    I need a foot massage

Yes. And most companies have reasonable clothing and grooming standards spelled out in their HR Policy Handbooks.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Should they be allowed to? Yes.

Should they do it? Probably not.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'd never shave my boss.
        Blah

Comment

If a person faces the customer/client then there should be some guidelines. If not, short of trollish there shouldn't be any guidelines.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

There is also the sanitation issue for certain lines of work which don't necessarily ever see the customer.

Comment

As has been said, no unless there's a real reason to do so.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Should be allowed to tell, shouldn' be allowed to enforce, unless it's written in your contract.
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I don't think it is unreasonable to have a dress code in the workplace. No one is forcing you to work there.

Before someone says "well some people can't get different jobs", no one should be trying to ensure that all choices and bargains are fair.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

What about the retards with gauges?
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        I don't think it is unreasonable to have a dress code in the workplace. No one is forcing you to work there.
                        Agree with the first part, but the second part is irrelevant.

I don't believe in a rigid dress code though, I prefer a more nebulous "look smart" or "look professional" etc... type of dress code.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

So I'm the only one who believes that employers should enforce dress and grooming standards? What happened to places requiring a suit to work?

Comment

I remember being really happy when CSFB went to dress down Fridays (smart casual) and then suddenly realised I had to buy an entire new wardrobe just for Fridays...
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Employees should just wear burkas so the bosses can't tell if they shaved or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X