Question on "True Starting Locations" Huge Earth Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on "True Starting Locations" Huge Earth Map

Does there exist any Huge Earth map that puts every Civilization in or near their historical locations? I have tried using the "True Starting Locations" map by Damien that is downloadable via Steam, but I then spent over two hours reloading and reloading the map in an attempt to start in ENGLAND as the English, and not once in over forty attempts did I actually get placed in England--I got placed in China, in India, in Africa, in America, once in France, but never in England.
    Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

i downloaded the true start locations map through the mod manager and it works great. i have to make sure it is installed and enabled in the mod manager and click load scenario when i am on the setup mod game screen after choosing the true start map
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

How do I load it as a scenario? It does not appear on the scenario list even when enabled in the mod manager. I can select "set up game" under the mods section and choose it as a map, but then it gives me a random starting location. Where do I load it from?
      Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Hrmm. That could explain things.

I was the Americans...in Mongolia!

There is an option, I believe under Single Player, though I'll have to check. It is definitely not under mods.
        I don't know what I've been told!
        Deirdre's got a Network Node!
        Love to press the Buster Switch!
        Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Huge amounts of warm water were applied to agricultural uses. .... navigational satellite control that would keep tabs on the exact location of all shipping. am a huge fan of AOE grinding over Dailies. I actually leveled from 83 ... Also thanks for all the tips in this thread, i can say that from the .... If this is true, then Humans get a VERY solid head start on this faction.
          Cheap brink key

Comment

Um... is that a bot or a troll?

Still haven't been able to find anything to help me actually start in the right location. This makes me very sad, because I really love to play on the world map with everyone where they really go.

Comment

Used once with Egypt, I started in the right place, but none of my opponents did. Ended up with Japan in India, Russia in Greece, Greece in China, Aztecs in Russia, India in South America and Incas in Mexico.

Notice the correct start locations for all 5 opponent civs are all there, just messed up order.

Comment

I tried it once. It put me in Mongolia. As America.

Comment

Originally posted by Ijuin View Post
                  Does there exist any Huge Earth map that puts every Civilization in or near their historical locations? I have tried using the "True Starting Locations" map by Damien that is downloadable via Steam, but I then spent over two hours reloading and reloading the map in an attempt to start in ENGLAND as the English, and not once in over forty attempts did I actually get placed in England--I got placed in China, in India, in Africa, in America, once in France, but never in England.
                  The trick is:
                  1. Go into MODS
                  2. Select the TSL MODs needed
                  3. Click Next
                  4. Click Single Player
                  5. Click Set Up Game
                  6. Click Map
                  7. Select TSL Map from list
                  8. Click the "Load Scenario" Button (Near where you choose you maps)
                  9. Select the Civilization you want to play as
                  10. Then Start Game

You need to select in that order, or else it will default to the civilization player in the list.

-Heath

Comment

good to read guyz and i will also explore for the same...

Comment

Yeah, what Heath said. I wish I knew a way to bring my edited content into the "main" game and not be forces to go through the mod route.

Comment

Working...
                      X