Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I get the files? Things have changed now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I get the files? Things have changed now.

Where can I get the CtP2 files? I am looking for the latest version of the Apolyton Patch, or what ever it's called now. I always refered it to the Apolyton Patch but I think the name has changed.

I am also looking for the latest version of Mod Swapper, not shure if I have the latest version, but I can't find them here now. Is the Apolyton sit just a forum now? What happened to all the files?

Man I missed alot here for being away for so long. Can anyone help me here? I will try and do another google search and see if get somewhere. All I am getting now is "site no longer exsits".

I have Mod Swapper 1.12 installed. So from what I gather that is the latest edtion. I am still looking for the Apolyton patch but all I am getting from Google "oops, link no longer exists." Am I SoL or can I get them else where?

I reall want to play CtP2 again, but not without the Apolyton patch. What I had, is corrupt and I can no longer use in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

[QUOTE=Yolky;5882255]Where can I get the CtP2 files? I am looking for the latest version of the Apolyton Patch, or what ever it's called now. I always refered it to the Apolyton Patch but I think the name has changed.

That's a problem, since there was never something called the Apolyton Patch. Either we have the ApolytonPack, which is a mod. Or we have the Apolyton Edition that is the product of the Apolyton CTP2 source code project, and that could be called a patch. So I don't know exactly what are you referring to. This makes it hard to help.

Originally posted by Yolky View Post
      I am also looking for the latest version of Mod Swapper, not shure if I have the latest version, but I can't find them here now. Is the Apolyton sit just a forum now? What happened to all the files?
      Apolyton has moved to a new server, but the files are still on the old server, and can be downloaded from there. Note that most of the links in the database are absolute paths, and link to http://apolyton.net, instead of http://settler4.apolyton.net.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

What I was looking for was the Apolyton Edition. I swear it was called the Apolyton Patch along time ago. So should I just get the Apolyton Edition then? Is it the same fixes in the Apolyton Pack? Well I am starting a game with the Apolyton Edition, because that is what is says when the game is loaded.

Thank you Martin, greatly appreciated for clearing it up for me.

Comment

hi there, i basically had the same problem, so thanks for pointing out the old directories. seems i have been gone for an even longer time, because i enjoyed playing ctp2 with the apolyton pack and that whole apolyton edition thing is new to me now =) would someone mind giving a brief explanation about what's the difference between these two or if the apolyton pack was just continued as the AE? thanks!

Comment

The ApolytonPack is a mod, it tried to circumvent all the problems in the game, which of course cannot do it properly without source code access.

The Apolyton Edition is the result of the Apolyton source code project. It fixes thing much deeper than a mod could ever do. It enhances gameplay, the interface, and the AI. Check it out if you want to see the full list.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
            X