Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I increase minimal city to city distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I increase minimal city to city distance?

Hello, does anyone know, where can I increase minimal city to city distance? I've tried to find it in this forum and in the game files, but no success. Is it hardcoded? So I would need to use sdk?

I don't quite understand what you want to do. You cannot found a city within the collection border of another city. So if you found many cities at once you can place them closer together, but if you wait until the last city has grown to the second or fourth ring you have to space them further apart.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Ok, thanks. I think that it works other way.

Comment

If you want maximum distance, I believe it's 9 tiles apart. So you see a city. You then count 9 tiles. 4 tiles for the first city, 4 tiles for th3 2nd city and the 9th tile is where you place your settler to found the 2nd city. I do this sometimes so I can get maximum population for my first city. Mind you I never finished a game to do this. Hopefully soon, I will do this.

Comment

I am not sure, but maybe Dishonor wants to know how to set the AI's "minimal settling distance". In this case the answer would be: There is a constant MinSettleDistance (in \aidata\strategies.txt) but as far as I recall it is a recommendation for the AI rather than a hard rule.
          The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

Working...
          X