No announcement yet.

New Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, just get NVSE, it adds a lot (of functionality to modders) and is really light.

There's also a 4GB patch, and a windowed fullscreen patch which you might want to get. These are all performance-related, they don't affect gameplay, and they might be a good idea if the game runs slow and/or ctd's often.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Endless loop trying to run my saved game after installing new mods, but looks like if I start over then all is good.

With PN I seem to be moving slower?

I mean the map is random, not the starting location. I sort of remember starting in the NW corner before, but maybe that was FO3.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Nope, map doesn't change.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Hmm. so SW of what looks to be NV is normal?

Maybe so, if that is correct then good, I don't remember the map.

Finally DL FOOK last night, but do I install and restart one more time?
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Nah, no need to do that, as far as I can remember.

Comment

• A different starting point would be sweet, if they also recalibrated the difficulty levels of different areas. So you could start out in Novac, but the route north would be crawling with deathclaws, forcing you to go south and around past Goodsprings to get to NV.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• One of the FO3 mods did just that: you could start as a slaver, a trader, a merc, a doctor, etc. and depending on what you were, you started in different places in the capital wasteland.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Nevermind, the map is coming back to me now.

I think sometimes, my memory swapped north and south.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
                    Endless loop trying to run my saved game after installing new mods, but looks like if I start over then all is good.

With PN I seem to be moving slower?

I mean the map is random, not the starting location. I sort of remember starting in the NW corner before, but maybe that was FO3.
                    I think it makes you move slower with your weapon drawn.
                    Graffiti in a public toilet
                    Do not require skill or wit
                    Among the **** we all are poets
                    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• Yup. Hold 'R' to holster/draw your weapon. Tap it to reload.

Comment

• Tried to enable FOOK and now I get a can't find Script editor on PN no matter what i do...but can't tell if it is working or not in game. I tried uninstalling script editor and PN and reinstalling to no avail, not even a new game would get rid of the message. I'm going to enable FOOK again and just go with what i get.

Oh, I'm not entirely sure I was not getting the error message all along.

Comment

• Not sure what you mean by "can't find Script editor on PN".

If you mean the New Vegas Script Extender (NVSE), it can be downloaded here: http://nvse.silverlock.org/

Comment

• No, I installed NVSE, then Project Nevada, but when I get to the point where the additional menu item would load so I can configure it (the load/save screen), I get an error message that PN can't detect NVSE. Some of the PN items are working, but most are working but borked. I had to turn it off, too bad, made it look like a totally different game.

Comment

• Are you running the game through NVSE?
                              Graffiti in a public toilet
                              Do not require skill or wit
                              Among the **** we all are poets
                              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• That definitely could be the issue.

If you haven't already, I strongly recommend using one of the mod managers to arrange load orders and launch the game, Nexus Mod Manager or Fallout Mod Manager.

Comment

Working...
                                X