New Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post

I don't mind the level cap, but can you put more vendors in the game, I've dropped so much stuff lately and still no vendor unless I want to back track all the way back to Prim.
    Isn't that what fast travel is for? Just find a nearby landmark so you can fast travel back...
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

LOL, fast travel, I forgot about that one.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Comment

So is New Vegas closer to Fallout 2 or Fallout 3, when it comes to storyline and writing style?
          Please put Asher on your ignore list.
          Please do not quote Asher.
          He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

Having just started Fallout 2, I can't speak to that. Compared to Fallout 3, the primary goal starts out much, much smaller, then grows to something (arguably) larger than 3. The mood is also alternately much, much darker and sillier.

Comment

How many uniques have you found?
              I have found unique:
              9mm SMG
              plasma rifle
              laser rifle
              machete
              dog tag knuckles
              super sledge (I think that idiot Boone lost it somewhere, though)

And I haven't found any snowglobes at all

Oh, Guynemer, have you found the old Enclave guy? He mentions THE most famous character in Fallout 2 who you absolutely shouldn't miss. Also, if you've been to Jacobstown, there are TWO characters from Fallout 2 there.

P.S. Oh, ****! I've lost all my stuff I've been carrying on the ED-E. dammit
              Last edited by onodera; October 30, 2010, 17:06.
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Found unique plasma rifle, machete, rocket launcher, and 9mm (I think?) pistol.

Missed the old Enclave guy, I think. Just started FO2, on my way to Vault City. I did stop by Jacobstown, I figure Marcus was from a previous game, who else?

I found three globes--one is in Goodsprings (can't remember where), one is in Lucky 38, and one is in the Boomer's museum (I think?).

Comment

You'll have to talk to this guy in both games if you want a cyberdog.

Comment

I thought only Super Mutants and Ghouls lived that long.

Comment

Well, it's not been that long, 30-40 years or so at most, if I understand.

Comment

Must've gotten the timeline wrong.

Comment

What follows is a complete timeline of all-known canonical events in the Fallout universe. For clarity, sanity, and performance, some parts of the timeline were separated into other articles: Events unique to Fallout Tactics are found in Fallout Tactics timeline. Events unique to the cancelled Fallout 3 by Black Isle,22 see Van Buren timeline. The Fallout world is not our own. It is set in a universe that diverged, but shares many historical milestones prior to the events of World War II:[Non-ga

Fallout 2 takes place in 2241-2242; Fallout 3 take place 2277-2278; New Vegas takes place 2281.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

So that makes 40 years. Now one of the companion's story doesn't make any sense, of course, as he obviously was around during the final showdown of Fallout 2, and he claims to be 30-something...

Comment

Fallout has some chronology issues what with the spin-off games like Fallout: Tactics and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (are you going to get those games, too, Guy? )but from my understanding, Fallout 3 and presumably Vegas have done good jobs keeping consistency with the Fallouts 1 and 2.

Maybe it's a translation issue? But I assume you play with the American version, not the Russian, so I don't know.

What's the character's name? That Fallout wiki is pretty in depth.

I looked at the companions list... is it Arcade Gannon? It says he was born in 2246. He just knows things.
                              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; October 31, 2010, 17:23.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I guess his parents were with the Enclave, then.

Comment

Working...
                                X