No announcement yet.

New Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried asking the BoS guys in the freak weather valley?
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I haven't found anyone where that sort of dialogue is an option; I ran through the entire first run of BoS quests; the air in their bunker has been purified, and the leadership is in doubt.

I could sell it for a ****ton of caps, but I'd rather look badass.

Incidentally, absolutely best place to loot so far: Silver Rush. Granted, not an easy place to loot, with plasma rifles trying to take your head off left and right. But if you've got the guts, the firepower, and the crazy ****ing robot dog to do it, (not to mention a predilection for energy weapons), there is no better place to loot. Plasma Caster!
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

How many companions can you have at the same time? Is it CHA/2, like in the Fallout of old? Right now I have the eyebot and the sniper with 6 CHA, and both are quite useful. I just hope I can upgrade ED-E's laser plinker to something more substantial. This reminds me, I've yet to find Marcus, or he'll just stay there wherever he is and tighten the vices on his shoulder.

Comment

My understanding is you can have one human and one robotic companion a piece.

I really wish I could get the original two Fallouts to work on my computer, I'd like to experience the whole story.

Comment

I'll keep ED-E around for a while, then. Any Eyebot that is bigger on the inside than on the inside is welcome. I just wish it stopped blaring the music every time I try to sneak around.

As for playing the classics, ask around on NMA. They're that sort of people who wouldn't upgrade from Win 98 just so they can play Fallout 1 and 2, but I'm sure they know a way to get it to run under Win 7. Both games are totally worth playing. There're so many shout outs to them in 3 and NV as well, that I have no idea how people who haven't played them perceive the game.

My next char will be a huge ugly girl who will run around with a BUMPER SWORD! I'll make her join the Power Rangers, er, Powder Gangers.

Comment

The sniper is pissing me off a bit. I tell him to be passive, to use ranged weapons, and to keep his distance. So he inevitably charges deathclaws with his damn machete and gets killed. Or charges fiends and runs over tripwires and land mines. The follower AI needs a tweak or ten.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Oh, yeah. Made my acquaintance with the Brotherhood of Steel. The guys have gone even more bonkers since Fallout 1.
                Spoiler:
                :georgewashington: Those rangers are tough, taking several bursts from the Gatling Laser and surviving is no small feat. ("Okay, now I believe you there's BoS in these bunkers") Now NCR loves me even more and I have more Power Armor suits than I'll ever need. Pity there's no time to quote inspector Callahan when shooting them with a .44. And I guess I shouldn't expect BoS to assist me in the Strip takeover now.

Comment

Hmm... as usual I still way behind you guys, you were right, still feels like the old FO. Just cleaned out the second city, on the way to the third.

At first I thought that items that increased health (like cola) were only temporary, so I sold most of it all, now I'm on the road using all my stimpacks, hit me with the idiot stick.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I usually don't clean the cities out until my third or fourth playthrough.

Comment

Just finished as an ally of the NCR. The ending is pretty cool, although I found out that I'd missed a few factions along the way.

Comment

I'm still walking around Vegas. Made a detour to Bitter Springs, now doing some quests to get into the panties of the pit boss of the Thorn.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                          Just finished as an ally of the NCR. The ending is pretty cool, although I found out that I'd missed a few factions along the way.
                          I went for independence. The end-game was enjoyable.

I somehow missed the Thorn entirely; where is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            I went for independence. The end-game was enjoyable.

I somehow missed the Thorn entirely; where is it?
                            Right next to Westside, it's a manhole in the ground.

Comment

Wow, I can't believe that you finished it already, is it that short?

I saw a gas station a little off the road between Prim and the next town, started to go towards it thinking that is not too far off the highway, hello two freaking rad scorpions, was able to run away back over the overpass in that area, and then it looks like something south of me actually killed them.

At that point I was near dead, no health stuff left as I tried to battle the buggers before running. I ended up using my stealth boy and creeping to the next town.

I don't mind the level cap, but can you put more vendors in the game, I've dropped so much stuff lately and still no vendor unless I want to back track all the way back to Prim.
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

It took me about 30 hours, and I missed a ton of side quests. So, no it's not short. I'm just unemployed.

Comment

Working...
                                X