Windows version to play Civilization 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows version to play Civilization 5

Hi all, I would like to know which version of Windows to use to play Civ 5 on my system, I have theses licences currently;

- Windows XP Media Center x86
    - Windows 7 Ultimate x86/x64

So, in short, I have 3 options, Windows XP 32-bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Here is my system configuration, I currently have Windows XP 32-bit installed;

- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ (2 Ghz)
    - 4 x 1024 Mo of RAM (since I am in 32-bit mode, the system only use 3,5 Go or RAM)
    - ATI Radeon HD 4600 with 512 Mo of memory (ddr2)

I think that's the only configuration items that actually make a difference in the game performance.

So my main question is, under which of my 3 OS options I should play Civilization 5 to get better performances?

Also, is it a good idea to buy a SSD drive to install my OS and game to get better performances?

Thanks a lot!
    ----------------
    CravenA

Windows 7 gives you the better civ5 experience, because of further video card driver development. Not only is civ5 more bling bling under those circumstances, it will also give you more bang for your old hardware buck.

Comment

So, in short, I should use Windows 7 x64 because I will get more of my RAM (4 Go instead of 3,5 Go for 32-bit systems) and should get better performances because of driver optimisation?
      ----------------
      CravenA

Comment

bingo

Comment

Sweet, thanks for your clear explanations!
          ----------------
          CravenA

Comment

Working...
          X