Machu Picchu destroyed on capture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machu Picchu destroyed on capture?

The Russians beat me to building Machu Picchu, and I later decided that I wanted it. I can see the icon of the site itself on the mountain range which abuts several cities. Knowing that Machu Picchu has to be built by a city within two hexes of a mountain, I've narrowed down the list of possible candidates. When I take city that I believe holds Machu Picchu, the modified mountaintop graphic vanishes. Capturing and annexing each of the possible cities (so that I can see the buildings therein), I find no Machu Picchu anywhere. No other wonder is destroyed on capture. Is Machu Picchu unique in this regard?

Do you by any chance play as Napoleon and did you capture Moscow?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by MxM View Post
      Do you by any chance play as Napoleon and did you capture Moscow?
      I wasn't playing as Napoleon, I was Elizabeth. I think Machu Picchu was in Novgorod. I captured Yekaterinburg first, then Novgorod, no MP (not multiplayer!). I tried it another way 'round, taking Moscow first, taking Novgorod first, nothing. I think it may be a bug that you Machu Picchu is treated like a "normal" culture building or something and is always destroyed on city capture. Which would suck.

Comment

My reply was a history-related joke. Russians burn the Moscow to the ground when they left it to Napoleon.
        The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
        certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
        -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Same thing happened for me, possible bug?

Comment

This happened to me too.

Comment

I tried this too last night, and upon capturing the city the wonder disappeared from the map, and wasn't present in the city buildings list either. Seems a definite bug, as the Pyramids made it through unscathed.

Comment

Wow, good to know ahead of time, I was about to go after this wonder! Coincidentally I am also playing as Elizabeth and the Russians are the owners of Machu Picchu. Maybe (hopefully!) this will make it in the newly announced patch.

Comment

History means His Story ( His) being the victor.

Comment

I know I have captured a city with this wonder and it was not destroyed. I will try and remember to make a save next time it happens.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X