No announcement yet.

Civilzation 5 and Diplogaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure we'll set one up as soon as pitboss has been released.
    Pitboss appears to be the holy grail of diplogaming...
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Sorry, Im a civ5 only guy. What is this pitboss you speak? *goes to google*

Comment

A pitboss server is a server-program that runs on a computer where civ5 is installed.
        People can connect to this server, login to the game, play their moves, and then logout again.
        The turn will then last a couple of hours. Within these hours everybody can play their moves, not having to connect to the game at the same time. When the hours are over, the next turn will begin.

It's an ideal way to play a game with many players that lasts for a long time, without having to login all at the same time.
        Between the turns people can exchange diplomatic messages and write stories (if it's a diplo-game).
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

So how many turns are played per day on average?

Comment

2-3
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

how many turns are played per day ? please tell me !

Comment

just not sure id like MP without the Tech sharing ability. I need all the help i can get LOL
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Though there isn't a pitboss there is a PBEM now. Is there anyway one could be done with that?

Comment

It could. Certainly. But I've never played in a PBEM. It seems like a pain in the ass, but who knows.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Am I to understand that in Civ5 you now have the ability to switch stacking on?

Might have to give the game a second chance....

Robert - Can I play if you guys have a diplogame? I promise no drama...

Comment

Sadly there is no diplogaming in Civ5 yet, they haven't added Pitboss yet...

Comment

I'm 99% positive you can't switch stacking on in Civ 5. I don't see any options on game creation or options to change it on, and I think in general Civ 5 just isn't balanced for it.

So it sounds like the vast majority of diplogaming is done by PBEM / Pitboss. Is this true? I'm sort of looking for players to do live sessions of diplogames, but if people only play them separately then it might just not happen. :<

Comment

We used to do live sessions. That was the only way we played for years. But once we discovered Pitboss there was no turning back. Soooo much easier then having to arrange time zones and make sure everyone shows up, etc.

Comment

Draw Something Cheat

Really great post!! Thanks a lot for sharing this knowledge with us.Its a well written
                              post i would share with my friends also.Not only this graph really
                              conveyed the part which i was looking for.Have a heap of information.
                              I emphasize this blog for their post information.Waiting for some more review.Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X