Hitting 2050

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting 2050

I've just hit 2050 and wanted to continue playing.
    The One..more..turn button was there, but it was greyed out.
    Is this related to an option when setting up the game?

Another question, I like to play on Earth. Is there a way to have the civs on their historically correct spots instead of random?
    Beep...beep...beep.

He dude

(sorry no answer, haven't reached 2050 yet )

Comment

2050 the standard ending date of the Civ games
      although earlier versions of Civ had the option to play further (but without the score to be counted after 2050)

(at least this is true for Civ from Sid Meier..
      Activisions Civ:CtP /CtP2 went far beyond that year and had lots of SciFi techs in its tech tree)
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
        2050 the standard ending date of the Civ games
        although earlier versions of Civ had the option to play further (but without the score to be counted after 2050)

(at least this is true for Civ from Sid Meier..
        Activisions Civ:CtP /CtP2 went far beyond that year and had lots of SciFi techs in its tech tree)
        Well the option to play further is in, however I guess you have to untick the Time victory in Advanced setup.

Beep...beep...beep.

Comment

Originally posted by stbabylon View Post
          He dude

(sorry no answer, haven't reached 2050 yet )
          Hehe
          Beep...beep...beep.

Comment

You have to turn off time victory, as suggested by Sting.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

It is definitely a bug, because if you win in any other way, you can continue playing. Let Firaxis know (Post in 2K technical support forums)
              The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
              certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
              -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
              X