The first Patch thread: Make your bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first Patch thread: Make your bets

Exactly this. Some bugs are annoying and are affecting a lot of people. So... When?
    Tomorrow
    4.17%
    Less than 10 days
    37.50%
    1 month or more
    33.33%
    Never - It will be in the first expansion
    4.17%
    When the banana tree flourish
    20.83%

The poll is expired.

RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

A patch has already come out.

As to when they fix the easier bugs like auto-trespassing... don't most games do a solid upgrade patch after a few weeks? Hopefully they tweak the late game maintenance system as well (although I am not sure that qualifies as a bug) but I would suspect that would be a few patches further down the road.
    What's up, hot dog?

Comment

That was quick, don't you think?
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas

Comment

This patch (btw... Where is it?) doesn't seem to adress the bugs I saw over the forum...
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas

Comment

Ok. Make this thread a poll about the SECOND patch (and there will be one, cause the first doesn't seem to solve many of the problems related here...).
          Could some kind moderator fix the title of this thread... Or delete it?
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas

Comment

Originally posted by pdxsean View Post
            A patch has already come out.
            that wasn't a patch. that was a hotfix. based on what's being said in the support forums at 2k, a second hotfix will come out tomorrow.

this is one of the (few) benefits of the steam distribution method: you don't even notice that you're getting an upgrade. on the flip side, in this specific case the first hotfix broke the game for a number of people. and there's no way to revert to a previous version-level.

my guess is that we'll see two hotfixes per week until the major (mostly video-related) bugs are ironed out. two months from now we'll see the first patches, which will address game balance, new features, unit nerfs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
              that wasn't a patch. that was a hotfix.
              I'd never even heard of that word, but thanks for letting me know it's out there.
              What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                that wasn't a patch. that was a hotfix.
                Same difference, really. Hotfix = small patch focused on few issues and issued very fast.
                The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

There is no way to vote something if I think it will be released in 11-29 days. Or is banana expected to flourish in that period?
                  The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                  certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                  -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

never underestimate the power of the banana

Comment

We had day 0 patch, then the friday patch. So the third patch should be the OP question.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                        We had day 0 patch, then the friday patch. So the third patch should be the OP question.
                        i dont think we had a 0 day patch - they specifically said that the reviewers' version was also the gold (vanilla) version. the files that were downloaded on the first day were simply the executables in my case. those were excluded before to deter piracy.

Comment

Believe me, there was a day 0 patch.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

at any rate, if you desperately want that "I beat the game at deity" achievement, make sure you do it before the first big patch. it might get slightly more difficult by then

or at least i do hope so!

Comment

Working...
                            X