Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you ever wondered how English sounds like to Non English Speakers, listen to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
    Faux English, An Italian singing gibberish meant to sound like English

sounds like american english

I'm not going to use up my limited bandwidth watching that, but I'm sure Charlie Chaplin's preemptive "retort" in Modern Times was funnier. You can probably find that on youtube as well, I think it's the one time he sang onscreen.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

take this Italians

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Despair Italians! Despair!

@Foot: Your Video doesnt exist :/ is it this: ?
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

With effort, I can actually force my brain not to find meaning in the words I hear. Then I hear English the way non-native speakers do.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
            It is true, all non english speakers would mistakenly think that the italian guy singing gibberish is singing in English.
            He sounded pretty good at it, actually.

Comment

I agree with Lori and Kuci. I found that my brain was attempting to parse the non-words. It was...disturbing. But cool. But also disturbing.

I encountered this a few years ago, and looked further into it. The guy was an Italian pop icon who was a big fan of American music (especially Elvis), but was unhappy that many Italians were following American music without bothering to understand what was actually being sung, instead listening to it because it was fashionable to do so.

He made up this faux-english song to tweak them, and much to his chagrin it became a smash hit.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Was watching TV and was reminded of this thread...

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Cool (OP)

Comment

Working...
                    X