AI Strengeness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Strengeness

This game has consumed me, but kinda annoyed by some AI problems. Enemy civs are doing weird stuff like founding their 2nd city across the map right next to someone elses, or not expanding at all. This kind of thing has been happening on both Prince and King difficulty. I understand the AI should make some mistakes, but this is a bit ridiculous
    - Dregor

Count me in.
    Save for Arabs, who do find their second city, others are pathetic. I had a game in which Monty had a full huge island for himself. I had 3 cities already and he still had just one. Go figure. This was on Prince.

Comment

I haven't run into any of this, in both of the games I've played the AI has out-expanded me from the beginning.

On the other hand, I've been expanding slow, much slower than IV or earlier...
      What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel View Post
        Count me in.
        Save for Arabs, who do find their second city, others are pathetic. I had a game in which Monty had a full huge island for himself. I had 3 cities already and he still had just one. Go figure. This was on Prince.
        Maybe Monty played Civ in OCC mode
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Ive just played a demo game as Greece, testing out rahs city state advice. Bismarck and eventually Ramesses attacked an ally city state of mine. Both filled the city state with units yet never once attacked the empty city. It did have a very high defense (33!) and walls but the AI could have brought the city down by chipping away at it. Now only did they not attack they quite happily sat there while the city bombarded unit after unit to death

Of course both civs would quite happily attack any units I sent to help. Possibly there is something going on under the surface here but it sure does look a bit odd
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Sounds like Firaxis did a half ass job with AI. Did they not see any of the problems as posted above when they tested the game?
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel View Post
              Count me in.
              You are assuming that it is beneficial to have 3 cities than having one (I assume it is around turn 100-150). Civ 5 is vary different game. For cultural victory bounded with some chosen civic it is smart to stay with just single city for long time, especially when there are no neighbors nearby to grab some land. If anything this looks as a bit "too smart" to be true for AI - noticing that there are no neighbors and keep single city.
              The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
              certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
              -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                Sounds like Firaxis did a half ass job with AI. Did they not see any of the problems as posted above when they tested the game?
                they probably did, and then figured that the release date had been set in stone by the publisher. as a bonus, we do free beta testing for them. whoopie!

Comment

So those who bought Civilization V already, can look forward to maybe something like twenty patches over next year to fix/improve the AI. YAY!!

Comment

At least the patches will be delivered easier.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm so glad I didn't buy Civilization V the day it came out. I is smart.

Comment

Working...
                      X