DEMO: city states spam? Corporations, religion and health system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEMO: city states spam? Corporations, religion and health system

I play the demo, and I know I play a small map, but so far there are many city states, if fact I call it city states spam! I usual like to play civ games with only barbarians to worried about (just my kind of fun, for anyone is this different) of meaby one neighbor. Now is seems after turn 70 there is not very much space to build cities.

In the real game, are they options to put on or off?

I read in the 'wish for future expansions" somthing like we like to have (real)corporations, religions and the health system.

I admit I miss corporatons, I hoped that they would evolved this concept into something nice, not seems they put it out of the game

But then again, if we want those things back, we always can play the old civ4 doesn't we This is a new game, and we all need to learn it. And we might find new strategies to play better, and make it more fun. let's al try
    Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

You can turn off City States when setting up a game in the full version, maybe even demo, when you go to advanced options during game setup.

Comment

Originally posted by jobe View Post
      You can turn off City States when setting up a game in the full version, maybe even demo, when you go to advanced options during game setup.
      Next question is what to do with the city states if you use them? build a small "conquer city states" army or put time and money to make them your friends, en take that bonus that you can get if you make them your friend. what is best?
      Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

Both. A military city state as your friend is a good thing for keeping up your defence/offence. One new unit every 10(?) turn or so on average. Maritime for growth = gold, hammers, science. Cultured for SPs and cultural vicory. Etc... All types for diplo win.

But you should conquer at least one for the resources and good city placement overall. important that you do that early on to get a head start and avoid the army they can field later on.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Beatie View Post
          Next question is what to do with the city states if you use them? build a small "conquer city states" army or put time and money to make them your friends, en take that bonus that you can get if you make them your friend. what is best?
          There will be an article covering CS strategies on Apo soon, it´s already "thought through" the author told me

Comment

I've been content to make nice with city-states and get the free resources. Except for the three I annexed; I wasn't nice to them. Their fault for siding with Rome vs. the mighty Babylonian Empire.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I agree that there are a lot and they do tend to spam with their silly requests. However you can slide the quantity at start, which I plan to do next time around. They're still good in a lot of ways (most of my wars have been city-state related) but 2:1 ratio is just too much imo.
              What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Nope... The demo doesn't have any advanced option.

One day and seven hours left... I can wait... Be strong, Aro, you'll make it!
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I have only played one full game, but so far I didn't see much use for the city states. One thing that struck me right off was there were a lot more scattered around the map than I had expected.

When I have more game time under my belt I'll probably change my opinion, but it seems you can spend a lot of money bribing them for their affections and not get much in return. Give them a thousand gold, they'll love you and pop out a few military units for you, but before you know it your influence slips away.

I did like the way they started banding together as I gobbled them up. The diplomacy is really cool this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by pdxsean View Post
                    I agree that there are a lot and they do tend to spam with their silly requests. However you can slide the quantity at start, which I plan to do next time around. They're still good in a lot of ways (most of my wars have been city-state related) but 2:1 ratio is just too much imo.
                    Yeah sounds good that you setup your game just the way you want it!

Comment

There will be an article covering CS strategies on Apo soon, it´s already "thought through" the author told me
                      If ready I've read it.. ME Hungry for Civ5 lessons

Comment

I finished it an posted it. IT can be found in the university.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Damn, I wanted to wait until the first patch was out to buy this game but all this reading about it on poly made me order the deluxe version on poly.

I should have just preordered it on direct to drive and gotten the free DLC stuff too.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oerdin I haven't run into any significant problems with the game. Not one crash in almost 30 hours of play (I'm a degen, I know). While there are a couple of minor glitches here and there (I was shocked a game has pathfinding bugs!) but nothing like I was worried about. When I watched the graphics crash on that live feed they did a while back, I was so concerned!

To be fair, I have well above the recommended specs.
                            What's up, hot dog?

Comment

I'm still using my old computer until I get off my arse and assemble the new computer I just bought.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X