No announcement yet.

This Game Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see. Well, I hope with help of friends here he will move on to the bargaining stage. It's at this point that he'll be begging, wishing, praying for Civ4 to come back. This can be a turbulent time when we gently explain that while Civ4 is with us always, its spirit will eventually begin to fade. When this hits him, he'll become depressed. That's when he'll need to lean on us most.

EDIT: Note that this will be particularly hard, because he is still grieving Civ2. I make no claim that the healing will be fast, or even possible. But that's the Poly way. We don't just give up on people.
    Last edited by yin26; September 22, 2010, 11:56.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
      Then go play some MP instead of playing against a dumbass AI that only a little kid could have fun playing against. Seriously, you're a grown man playing against something that was coded by someone else, how much more simplistic can it get? Don't get me wrong, I thought playing against an AI was fun too, but I was about 12 years old at the time.
      Er... I'm grown man, in fact an old fart, and I love to play like your little kid. Lots of fun!
      And I just can't play MP games, 'cause I behave exactly like a child!
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I didn't play CIv4 because I didn't like it so why would I wish for it to come back? Obviously I hit a nerve by hitting the only thing you had going for in your life which was your pointless useless strategy postings. You remind me of that Velocir guy or something like that who always used to make long posts too, all of which were mainly geared towards the other little kids still playing against the AI. Also, you're absolutely corny in your postings. I'd love to see a picture of you because right now I get the feeling you are some fat middle aged guy with glasses. Usually a lack of wit combined with this posting style indicates someone who is deficient in real life.

Comment

Everyone having fun I hope? No need for any interventions?

Comment

LOL Jobe they made you senior staff? wtf?

Comment

Honestly, how can someone have fun playing against an AI? Ok, maybe it was cool when I was like 12 years old, but after that? It will never cease to amuse me to see how grown men enjoy wasting their time playing against something that can't fight back. Also, I love how the idiots on here always say someone can't adapt to a game if they don't like it, completely throwing away the fact that I find the game to be easy.
              But you playing MP civ is not a waste of time?

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Well the reality is that all computer games are a waste of time which is why I don't really play them anymore, but why compound the issue by playing vs an AI?

Comment

Everything is a waste of time.

You get born, you die, how much you conform to social norms in between is your choice - or at least would be in a perfect world

Comment

I don't have and won't buy this game, but I play against the AI because it's always available whenever I have time to play. Getting an MP game going isn't so easy, unless you want to play random, usually extremely annoying, people on game servers.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Oddly enough Civ2 with its archaic interface and connections somehow managed to be the easiest to find MP games in. These guys seem to just keep taking steps backwards.

Comment

I didn't play CIv4 because I didn't like it so why would I wish for it to come back? Obviously I hit a nerve by hitting the only thing you had going for in your life which was your pointless useless strategy postings. You remind me of that Velocir guy or something like that who always used to make long posts too, all of which were mainly geared towards the other little kids still playing against the AI. Also, you're absolutely corny in your postings. I'd love to see a picture of you because right now I get the feeling you are some fat middle aged guy with glasses. Usually a lack of wit combined with this posting style indicates someone who is deficient in real life.
                        You didn't play it because you were too embarrassed to continue. You were active on the ladder when I first got Civ4. My two very first games of civ4, before I played any SP at all, I beat the crap out of you. Then you quit the game in a big huff. You try to pass it off as you don't like the game, or that the game was broken or something, but you are just a loser who couldn't hack it. So you crawl back to the game you know and love and have played for half your life, civ2. But that's ok, the rest of the world has moved on.

Now you are just a pathetic anachronism who has to start fights on message boards since there isn't anyone left to play civ2 with.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

HAHA, He got told by Ozzy. I love it.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

First, I quit the game because it had few options for getting ahead. In our first game Ozzy I beat the **** out of you in every way possible, but in Civ4 that doesn't mean much. I even asked you after the game, "What makes you think you deserved to win that game?" Your answer was, "I didn't give up and in this game that means something." What Ozzy isn't telling you guys is that the way he won was by taking advantage of the poor scoring system. He built like 10 brand new cities in the last 10 turns of the game. They even patched out that ability so you couldn't build cities in the last 20 turns of the game for that very reason. He won by taking advantage of one of the many many flaws in the game that had absolutely nothing to do with skill. The scoring system in Civ4 is absolutely atrocious. Also, I don't know how you can say a game takes skill when it makes it easier for the guy that's behind. Civ4 in case you weren't aware actually makes techs cheaper for the guy behind and more expensive for the guy ahead.

That being said, the game is laughably simple. I played Civ4 again about a year ago and made it to number 11 in a short time with maybe only 1 or 2 losses. Funny how once people started using mirrored maps and removed much of the issues from the game you stopped playing Ozzy. In fact, I'm so confident I'd kick your ass right now Ozzy that we can play 1v1 anytime you want. Fact is that you got lucky by taking advantage of a huge flaw in the game. Nice job.

Oh, and how's that little cause of yours that no one cares about going for you? Talk about wasting your life.

Comment

The game is - um - well - very different than past Civs. I have pretty much loved each edition, and I adored Civ4. Civ5 however feels like an alternate universe version of the Civs I have known. Lots that I expected from past games are gone. Lots of things are familiar yet still strangely different. And the new things I never expected are interesting. Love that cities are much harder to take over. The game has a bit of a boardgame (eurogame) feel. Every turn those seems to take so damn long.

Consider me mixed feelings about this. Can't say I immediately love it - but I may get there. I am not giving up yet.

Comment

DriXnaK vs. OzzyKP, battling it out in Civ 2, 3, 4 and 5. Watch it on live stream here at Apolyton, next weekend.

Sign me up!

Comment

Working...
                                X