No announcement yet.

This Game Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, if you like Civ 2 MP, just keep playing that and don't bother other people who think the game evolved and has gotten better!
    Formerly known as campmajor! or Campmajor
    Did not play CIV IV because of performance issues
    New PC arrived about 13th of August, so CIV IV is finally playable for me! :)

Comment

Why does me posting bother you so much? Are you being forced to read it? ****ing communist. Typical fanboy mentality right there.

Comment

I'm actually glad that Civ5 has given you something to post about so passionately! Passion in life is better than gold.
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

You bother me, because you insult me (i'm an SP player) and your "contributions" are far from constructive.

Comment

Then go play some MP instead of playing against a dumbass AI that only a little kid could have fun playing against. Seriously, you're a grown man playing against something that was coded by someone else, how much more simplistic can it get? Don't get me wrong, I thought playing against an AI was fun too, but I was about 12 years old at the time.

Comment

Hey, I play against who and what I want, OK?

Comment

Well I'm glad you accept the fact that you are slow and unable to play against anything that can think. Obviously you are aware of this too since you found it important to post here and try to get me to stop trashing the game that appears to be the only thing you have going for you in your life. Don't go to civfanatics because that site right now is just filled with complaints about the game...which is a huge surprise to me because usually that is a fanboy sanctuary over there. Guess that shows how bad this game is.

Comment

So, at which difficulty level did you last play against the AI in Civ 3 and Civ 4, DriXnaK?
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Let me offer some more help to our passionate friend here. When you see "spouse" or "marriage" just substitute Civ5 / Civ4, whatever works best for you. We're here!

The five stages of grief are:

1-Denial-"this can't be happening to me", looking for the former spouse in familia places, or if it is death, setting the table for the person or acting as if they are still in living there. No crying. Not accepting or even acknowledging the loss.

2-Anger-"why me?", feelings of wanting to fight back or get even with spouse of divorce, for death, anger at the deceased, blaming them for leaving.

3-Bargaining-bargaining often takes place before the loss. Attempting to make deals with the spouse who is leaving, or attempting to make deals with God to stop or change the loss. Begging, wishing, praying for them to come back.

4-Depression-overwhelming feelings of hopelessness, frustration, bitterness, self pity, mourning loss of person as well as the hopes, dreams and plans for the future. Feeling lack of control, feeling numb. Perhaps feeling suicidal.

5-Acceptance-there is a difference between resignation and acceptance. You have to accept the loss, not just try to bear it quietly. Realization that it takes two to make or break a marriage. Realization that the person is gone (in death) that it is not their fault, they didn't leave you on purpose. (even in cases of suicide, often the deceased person, was not in their right frame of mind) Finding the good that can come out of the pain of loss, finding comfort and healing. Our goals turn toward personal growth. Stay with fond memories of person.

Get help. You will survive. You will heal, even if you cannot believe that now, just know that it is true.
                    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Yin, you've always been a loser. You were the same way in Civ2 talking about all your little strategies, meanwhile the entire MP community laughed at you. Face it, an SP player is by nature simple compared to an MP player. You are playing against something that can't adapt and can be degraded down to pure binary. No matter how many long posts you write that fact will not change. Even Civfanatics is filled with people saying the same thing I am, which is scary considering that is a fanboy haven over there.

Oh, and you should at least quote the author of that book yin. Was a good book when I read it back in high school. Guess you just now read it probably in middle age...can't say I'm surprised though since guys like you usually work a little slower. That's why you play SP after all.

Comment

Still in the Anger phase. This is normal. Don't beat yourself over it. You have found here in Poly a loving community, and we accept you as you are and hope to hold your hand throughout this journey.

Comment

I´ve read all of this thread now, but until OzzyKP posted about who DriXnaK was, I had really been wondering. He must have been some legendary World Champion of Civ MP. Who´s insight and experience into the deep and complex world of Civ MP was something to be taken seriously. First of his language and Bad Manners gave him away, but old legends can be like that I guess.

I´m a big fan of MP and E-sports in general, and would like nothing more than to see a viable MP for Civ. I´m not holding my breath tho. I look to other game types for real MP and competition.

Ps. I wonder if DriXnak and/or similar minded people could design mods and mainly just balanced maps(random maps are probably the worst element for competitive MP gaming) to enhance their MP experience.

Comment

Now you are simply stone walling. Using the same overall angle of attack with the same lack of wit over and over again. Again, something I expect from a man as simple and small as you. You play games like a 10 year old and you post like one. I still remember your size 5 city strategy for Deity in Civ2. What a laugh that was back then. I remember thinking to myself, "How old is this guy? This guy is actually sitting here writing huge long posts and actively trying to come up with strategies against something I lost interest in years ago?" What kind of middle aged guy does that? I can understand if you did it in MP because the bar is so much higher to try and find a way to win. Against an AI though? Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by yin26 View Post
                              Are you trolling? If so, awesome. Have a great time.

Are you trying to learn how to play Civ5? Well, then...
                              EyesofNight only believes in childish concepts of enjoyment which usually amount to adversarial games against human opponents.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Kolbeg that might have been possible even in Civ4, which I thought was a travesty of a game, but this one is so upfront about its mechanics that there really isn't much to work with there. Basically, if I can give you a visual image of what this game is like, it's like being handcuffed while big bubba Sid Meier does you from behind. There's just a lot of pain and no escape. I didn't really think it was possible to be even more restrictive and simplified than Civ4, but I guess this is the true genius of Sid Meier.

Comment

Working...
                                X