This Game Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
    Who the **** are you to talk to me? The fact that you're a modder says it all right there. You obviously don't know dick about MP game mechanics. Yes, you're a moron because obviously unless there's mirror maps shipped with Civ5 then it's not ample start balancing. Also, if you have to expand out to get happy resources and the other guy doesn't, you're ****ed, it's that simple. On King level the cities get mad at size 1 with a size 3 capital and ac ouple of size 1 cities. There is no way you can get your happy resources out fast enough to do much. Especially when we take into account that people are going to be sending in warriors and stuff ASAP in order to disrupt you. Again, you're a ****ing simple minded SP player. Just accept it and move on with your life.
    And who the **** are you to speak to anyone in that manner, hmm? Get off your high horse you stupid son of a *****.

Sir, you are a troll. Nothing more. Play the god damn game or don't. Those are your two choices. Hell, I take it back, you have a third choice: Create a mod which makes the game what you want. Not difficult.

Saved games or it didn't happen.
    If not for the fact that the saved game involved beta material not publicly available yet, I would. As Germany, I easily controlled all of North and South America, and Rome had expanded across the bulk of Eurasia and Africa. By the time I took Africa and southern asia, I had a good 80 cities. It is not hard to have upwards of 400 happiness.
    Rise from Erebus - R i f E
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=360
    Member of the R i f E team

Comment

Valkrionn: Don't waste your time. Unless you're having fun, of course.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

All chill, discuss the topic without yelling or naming others. New posts that do so in this thread will be removed.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Still going eh. So single players are idiots because you deem it so. Seriously, how old are you?

When betas tell you that you are wrong about your beliefs perhaps you should step back and listen to them.

It's not your questions regarding the game that have people piling on here. It's your attitude. Check it at the door and you will find your stay here much happier. Continue down this route and Im pretty sure you are going to find the banhammer soon.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26 View Post
            Valkrionn: Don't waste your time. Unless you're having fun, of course.
            Heh actually I am.

Originally posted by asurob View Post
            Still going eh. So single players are idiots because you deem it so. Seriously, how old are you?

When betas tell you that you are wrong about your beliefs perhaps you should step back and listen to them.

It's not your questions regarding the game that have people piling on here. It's your attitude. Check it at the door and you will find your stay here much happier. Continue down this route and Im pretty sure you are going to find the banhammer soon.
            Pretty much correct. It's the attitude that pisses me off.

Now, a screenshot of the german game... Not from the end game, so there's much of Rome that I haven't conquered and haven't expanded fully into South America, but should give you an idea. Note the happiness mouseover.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ5Screen0003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	9089351

Comment

My only question is "is Civ5 as bad as Civ3"? Because Civ3 was a horrible abortion of a game which should have been flushed down the toilet before it ever saw the light of day. Hopefully Civ5 isn't that bad but I know better then to think Civ5 is actually good. The game honestly looks like it has been dumbed down to the point it is CivRev lite.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DriXnaK
                See, now we are making progress since you admitted to the fact that you are a loser. Was that so hard? You talk about how great SP is and all but you don't want to just come out and admit because everyone knows what works in SP will never work in MP. Why? Because you're playing against a retarded AI that I could beat when I was 5 years old so all of your ingenious ideas are for nothing. Which is exactly why you are an idiot and shouldn't be commenting on MP matters.
                I am not aware that I've admitted to anything damning. I'm also not aware of ever denying that I play single player, which is the dominant form of the game. Multiplayer is not a priority in the civ franchise. You are in the vast minority, here. Therefore... Is SP not the most valid way to play the game? It is what the game was designed for, thus your MP fetish is just that, fetish. Go play your bastardized game.

Your ignorant proclamation that the game sucks (made after, apparently, 10 minutes of playing the demo and looking at the pedia!) is not an MP matter. Had you added the words "for MP", than sure. But as it is, no. You have no goddamn idea of what you are talking about, as you have not played the damn game, and your threads do no more than misinform people who are looking for actual info on the game. In short, you are a troll.

Disclaimer: I really have nothing against MP. I have not played MP simply because Civ4 bored me; I played exclusively mods, and they were harder to get MP games going. With Civ5, I plan to get a few friends involved for an MP game.

Naturally, that game will be quite fun, regardless of what the moron above me believes.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrionn View Post
                  First off, let me say this is probably my first post in Apolyton. Tend to post on CivFanatics.

Now that the intros are out of the way...

Are you insane? Basically, you're saying that you completely ignored your happiness level, and now want to ***** when it comes back to bite you? Rather than learn the new features and adapt to the game, you ***** and whine and moan about the 'good ol' days' of Civ2?

Resources are important to the game; Ignore them, and yeah, you're not going to have a fun game. Get over it, or don't play, don't ****ing whine about the world moving away from your antiquated ideas. Any new game requires you to learn the mechanics and adapt your playstyle, otherwise what in the hell is the point of a new game?

Since I know you will completely ignore this and continue to ***** like the overgrown child you obviously are, allow me to issue you a challenge: Design your own game. If you know so very much about how a game should be made, then do it. Make the game. Put up or shut up, good sir.
                  Welcome to Apolyton! I may have seen you over at CFC from time to time as well, but Apolyton is definitely my civ home.

If EyesOfNight/DriXnaK hates the game, then I can see no better recommendation for it. EON likes to ***** instead of learning to play. He learned all the tricks in Civ2 and is too stubborn to bother learning any other game. Yet he keeps buying them so he can have something to complain about and feel important again. Considering how Civ4 and presumably Civ5 are far more complex and well designed than Civ2, he really is just talking out of his ass. But it is ok, that is what he likes to do. Some people enjoy playing games, others enjoy complaining about them. Either way, EON is getting just as much enjoyment out of this game as the rest of us.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Last warning: chill, stop the yelling and the flaming. Discuss the topic without insulting eachother.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Civ 5 is not a particulary complex game...I'd still say civ 4 is the better all round game, but when pitboss and PBEM get released could definitely have a little fun playing Civ chess with it.
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Oh god, Ozzy why is it not surprising to me that you find Civ5 a complex game? You who find tying your shoes a complexity. Anyone who uses the word complex in the same sentence when referring to the game Civilization should not be allowed to leave their house without adult supervision.

Comment

I haven't played Civ5. But Civ4 is infinitely more complex than Civ2 which you inexplicably hold up as the gold standard of these games. Civ2 was good for its time, but it hasn't been relevant for almost a decade now, yet you cling to it. Compared to more modern innovations, Civ2 is just simple and dull. But, I suppose that fits for you.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Aro View Post
                            This happens every time they release a new Civ.
                            Bring tears to my eyes...

I'm becoming old and sensible.
                            Me too.

Comment

Why don't you go ahead and point out on this thread where I mentioned Civ2 Ozzy. What was that about not being able to adapt? Only guy here that can't adapt is you and that's because you never had any material to begin with. You should just accept your place of inferiority.

Comment

Why don't you go ahead and point out on this thread where I mentioned Civ2 Ozzy. What was that about not being able to adapt? Only guy here that can't adapt is you and that's because you never had any material to begin with. You should just accept your place of inferiority.
                                Why does he have to? Every post you've made has lambasted features in Civ4 and Civ5, making it obvious that it is either Civ2 or Civ3 that you prefer and that you are simply unwilling, or flat out unable, to adapt to the newer games.

Honestly, if anyone here is inferior it is you. Were you not an inferior man, you would see no need to proclaim others so.

Comment

Working...
                                X