No announcement yet.

APPCRASH when launching the Civ 5 DirectX10/11 exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good news is you can buy a pretty good video card for about $70.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Given how old that graphics chip is, I'm not sure it'd be worth upgrading the graphics card on that system. The CPU is probably old and barely sufficient also.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

My PC is fine, I have a 2.8 Dual core with 4 GB running windows 7. I'm not much of a gamer so the video card I have has never been upgraded. I think the error I has is with Steam, where I purchased it from. When I run the "verify integrity of game cache" within Steam and it stated that: 1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired. I reinstalled twice, same error. Steam, windows and my video drivers are up to date. I opened a support ticket with Steam to see what they can tell me.

Comment

I'm having the same problem as rjwoer. I would hope to avoid having to buy a new computer, or even a new graphics card. I've got a Radeon X1900 Crossfire Edition (1781mb). Is that not good enough to run the game with Directx 10?

Comment

Tyrax -- that also is a DirectX 9 card only.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Civ 5 is not letting me run DX10 either. DX9 version is the only thing highlighted in the game's launcher. And if i try to run the DX10 app inside the application folder, i get an error. I have Vista x64, GTS 250, Intel q9400, and 4gb of ddr2 1066. I can run plenty of other stuff in DX10, but not this game. I'm pretty certain its not a driver or hardware issue, unless you don't have a DX10 card. I just hope Firaxis decides to put out a patch.

Comment

Try to install the latest graphics drivers, just in case.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I was able to start a game and play on XP and I changed some IQ settings higher (all textures to high, everything else medium). Things worked great, so I raised a few more, namely shadows, leaders, and tessellation from medium to high. I had issues getting to the startup screen after that and any game I'd try to load would crash with the APPCRASH error. It would also corrupt one file and I would have to grab it again off of steam.

I guess in addition to being to lazy to check if a card is DX 9/10/11 capable they also left the graphic settings for DX 10/11 in DX 9. If the game is thinking your card is powerful enough to render them and either it isn't because of GPU or OS limitations with DX, your going to get automatic crashes. Try going into the .ini files and start lowering things if your desperate.

I've never played a game that I had to pick a DX version to run. Firaxis and 2D should be ashamed of themselves for these simple errors. At least there aren't infinite range ranged missiles in this one. So they are learning.

Comment

Im getting the same thing when i try to start the game in DX11... my error is 0xc000007b

win 7 64Bit

i7920

6GB ram

HD 5870

128GB SSD

The latest drivers and the latest DX

DX9 works fine

Comment

i have a windows 7 (64 bit) machine with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 card and the specs say "The Nvidia GeForce GT 130 supported DirectX version 10 and OpenGL 3.3 as well as support for PhysX and CUDA" on http://nvidiagraphicscards.com/nvidi...nformation.php

does that mean i can expect trouble playing civ 5?

Comment

So even though Steam installs DirectX9 while you download the game, it wont run unless you have DirectX 10.1 and up.

Comment

That is completely wrong. But naturally it won't be able to launch the dx11 version of the game.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Hey, I'm having the same problem only my situation is a little strange

I ran a version of the game I had recieved from a friend of mine and it worked fine until the game crashed around turn 487 on a huge map, since then it wouldn't load at all.

I figured running this free version was the problem so I sucked up and bought the game off steam so i can run it on my macbook pro and my pc desktop. The game runs fine on my mac though i cannot use mods which SUCKS.

The problem, however, is that when trying to run it on my PC I get the APPCRASH error before the game even starts! I validated the files via steam and it finds one corrupted file, downloads it, then I get the same APPCRASH error! I've validated it 8 times now and it always finds a problem and installs something. This thing could seemingly do this forever.

I called tec support and looked through my DXDIAG file and saw my driver date was 1/7/2011 (NVIDIA Geforce 7900 GTX) so he recommended I installed the version that came out on 1/18/2011. I did, downloaded it, and installed it, and now when I read the DXDIAG it still says the version is 1/7/2011! wtf???!!?!

Not only that, but I have DirectX 10 on my comp but when I click the Launcher the only version that is Highlighted is DX9!!!!

Additional info: I turned off DEP and emptied my Temp file.

UUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I JUST WANT TO PLAY MY CIV

Comment

Hi guys i have a top end gaming rig with direct x 11 + and i have the same prob as said at top list ive done all the above sergestions but no luck lol !!!! P.S it plays in direct x 9 perfectly but not 10-11 can any (1) help please ??? many thanks civ newbee playing 5 ty

Comment

Hi Guys,

I apologise for the whole newbie-committing-major-thread-necromancy thing, but I have a solution to the Stackhash_0a9e (specifically) error.

I posted it to the 2K Forums as I was encountering it with Bioshock and Bioshock 2, but I wasn't having the same problem with Civ5 when I noted other people were so I can't test it.

The solution is to copy an older version of D3D10.dll to the game's folder so that it overrides the one in the system32 or syswow64 folder. I fortunately had an old computer which had an older version of DX10 installed which I got the files from.

The version that I have working with Bioshock 2 is version 6.1.7600.16385, whereas the non-working version is 6.2.9200.16492.

As you cannot download redistributables for DX10 you will have to either find an older copy on someone's computer, or download it.

I have found the right version available from dll-files.com, however if you choose to download the file from here it is at your own risk as I personally never recommend doing so.

If anyone is able to test if my solution works, please let me know.

I have just done a Windows compare on my old copy of the DLL and the one from Dll-files and they appear to be identical so I'm sure it's safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X