Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traffic increases.... what if our server can't handle it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic increases.... what if our server can't handle it?

Just a warning in advance, we don't know how heigh the traffic will peak in the coming days and weeks. If our server isn't able to handle the traffic, we will immediately upscale it. The server needs to be down for 10 minutes to be upscaled.

Please let us know here if the server is very slow or giving troubles, it helps us to decide if and when we need to upscale. We have transfered Apolyton to this dynamic environment to make sure that we'll always be there, no matter what the circumstances are.

Thanks
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

There doesn't seem to be a huge rise in trafic and this is with CFC being overloded for about an hour now.

Maybe all the frustrated CFC users havent got enouth time yet to find their way to Apolyton.
    Quendelie axan!

Comment

Well, I went over here, but I'm not exactly a CFCer (I used to post on three or four Civ forums back before Civ4 was released). Sadly, maybe the newbies at CFC don't really know of this place.
      Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

I got to the main CFC Forums page (but no further) a few minutes ago. There were about 3500 users online, which exceeded the prior high by approx. 1200.
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

Originally posted by Petek View Post
          I got to the main CFC Forums page (but no further) a few minutes ago. There were about 3500 users online, which exceeded the prior high by approx. 1200.
          That are a lot. But for some reason, CivFanatics does not display the number of users for me. We is this number supposed to be?

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

The number is on the main forum page, directly under the heading What's Going On?
            Last edited by Petek; September 21, 2010, 16:02. Reason: typo
            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
            -- Kosh

Comment

So it is supposed somewhere here.

Edit: To see this I have to login, and for some reason CFC did not let me log in.
              Attached Files
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Are you signed in?

Edit: Apparently not
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og View Post
                  There doesn't seem to be a huge rise in trafic and this is with CFC being overloded for about an hour now.

Maybe all the frustrated CFC users havent got enouth time yet to find their way to Apolyton.
                  I saw we had about 400 users on earlier. Sure, it's no where close to the 2000 which on on CFC but I like the mood/feel of this place more then CFC and 400 is still way better then the 25 users the panda pumpers got.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

We got 654 at it's peak yesterday, which is not too shabby.
                    Last edited by Robert; September 22, 2010, 03:10.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I've been noticing I have to send a click twice because I get the page not found message. I suppose this is just due to the huge number of people excited about the release of Civ5.

Comment

I've been noticing I have to send a click twice because I get the page not found message. I suppose this is just due to the huge number of people excited about the release of Civ5.

Comment

I'd expect this place to attract new people more than CFC. I know I had a choice of which two to join, and the sharp professional look of Apolyton (plus my remembering the name from like 10 years ago) brought me here. I don't have time for two so you guys are stuck with me.
                          What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Working...
                          X