Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

This is the Organization Thread for the Diplo Game "Destiny of Empires" (DoE)

The purpose of this thread is to discuss all organizational aspects of this game. For in-character story or diplomacy posts please use the Story Threads.

Destiny of Empires is a diplomacy game played in Civilization IV: Beyond the Pit (v3.19) (Special mod: double ocean moves for all ships by OzzyKP)
    The players try to rule their empires like they are real. Role playing and story telling is an important way to achieve this.
    Fore more information visit the Diplogame FAQ by OzzyKP

Below you find several sections containing most information regarding this game.
    All (most) sections are scrollable! That means more information is being shown if you scroll the section down!

Results Month 01
    Results Month 02
    Results Month 03a
    Results Month 03b
    Results Month 04a
    Results Month 04b
    Results Month 05a
    Results Month 05b
    Results Month 06a
    Results Month 06b
    Results Month 07a
    Results Month 07b
    Results Month 08a
    Results Month 08b
    Last edited by Robert; October 18, 2011, 16:27.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Sorry for already having issues, but now when I try to connect to the game I receive an error. Actually it's after the game loads up. It immediately says, "Load Failed" in one dialog and then says something to the effect of, "The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed."

Researching it a bit it seems like it might be a permissions issue on my machine? However, I wasn't having this problem with the test game. I unchecked Read-Only for all the files and folders in both my Firaxis directory and my Mods directory (actually a level below that, even) and checked to have BTS run in elevated mode. Any other things I should try?

Using BTS 3.1.9 and the doe.rar listed in the first post of this thread.

Comment

I got the same problem.

Comment

I turned on 'lock modified assets' by accident
        I'm sorry, I have restarted. Players have to play their turn again.

Game restarted

Comment

Now this is the original game which will be played, and is already restarted, so the diplo-game is started already, yes?

Also - now on PYT.com the Leaders are not picked and they are anon, but we must take them so we can use the diplomatic correspondence, and they will be with Xxxxxx (DoE), right? I cant remember how it works.
          http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

Yes, the official game has started.

You can pick the PYT leader, but it's not needed. Just use your Apolyton Anonymous Account for diplomacy.

Comment

Sorry, I'm still seeing this error message and can't log in. I thought it had something to do with me since I saw (via playmyturn) that some others had logged on and played their turns. I'll try to research it a bit more, and if anyone has any suggestions I'll happily try them!

Comment

Double-post, sorry. I'm in now. I had to move the MOD from my "My Games" MODS folder to the "Program Files" MODS folder. Not sure why because I was able to log into the test game using the "My Games" location, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, sooo ... game on!

Comment

I have no trouble getting in to the game, if you have the mod loaded correctly and using the password correctly (checkyourname)I cannot see why you have any problem along with correct ip(plomp.eu:2062).

Comment

I'm still haveing problems getting in. it keeps saying load failed save protected for game mod. I have no idea what I need to do to get it working.

Comment

Did you try what I had to do? Move the DoE folder from the "My Games" folder to your "Program Files" MODS folder? Unless yours isn't set up that way. That's what worked for me, though.

Other things I found on the web about that issue were to try running BTS as an admin and/or making sure files in the MODS folders aren't read-only.

Comment

I did all of that and i still have the same problem.

Comment

Japan logged in as I was playing my turn and can not finish it as Japan still joining for ages. I try later.
                          PlayTurn is all wrong. Bismarck is showing as completed turn but has not and no nation shows for him there.
                          The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

I have been trying to get in but I'm having the exact same problem as Black Knight. I tried redownloading the mod and made sure it was in the right file but nothing has been working. Play your turn is also wrong for me as well because I havent even been able to get into the game let along take my turn.

Comment

I entered the game & had no apparent difficulties!

Comment

Working...
                              X