I feel bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel bad.

I introduced my room mate to Civ4 at around 9pm last night. It's now 6am, I just got up, and he's still playing the game and hasn't gone to sleep yet. He has both work and school today. Civ is like crack.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

He's still on settler level but diligently trying to spread his religion and build his empire. The poor guy hardly looked up when I went by his door to go to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Comment

Don´t worry...
      I last year introduced a good friend to DDO,
      although he was reluctant and repeatedly said that he would easily tend to become addict to such things.
      Obviously he was right as he was at least double the time online in DDO compared to myself (and became leader of a guild) and still plays it, while I meanwhile switched to LotRO
      Mistakes are there to learn...therefore I didn´t try too hard to get him addicted to LotRO as well and he had no problems in successfully resisting it
      (wouldn´t have been the case if I had really tried it )
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Why do you still have roommates?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Obviously because he still has to share a room.

Comment

Wow this is so off topic it's actually on topic. You've come full circle at last!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
              Socal mortgages demand them!
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                I introduced my room mate to Civ4 at around 9pm last night. It's now 6am, I just got up, and he's still playing the game and hasn't gone to sleep yet. He has both work and school today. Civ is like crack.
                Now all you need to do is introduce him to 'Poly. Then your journey to the dark side will be complete.
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                  Then your journey to the dark side will be complete.
                  Well, that could actually be seen as an improvement
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    Anwsered last week. The guys I have are good friends and I enjoy having someone else pay most of my mortgage. I'm greedy like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                      Obviously because he still has to share a room.
                      I own the house and I could pay the mortgage on my own but it's nice to have the extra money and it's not like I'm married with kids or something.

Comment

Oerdin, did you file for the stop-loss retroactive pay thing? I read about it and the deadline is next month so just helping you out in case you didn't and qualify.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

A roommate is someone who you share a room with, not a house, you hipster douchebag.

Comment

I feel bad.
                            You look bad too
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              Oerdin, did you file for the stop-loss retroactive pay thing? I read about it and the deadline is next month so just helping you out in case you didn't and qualify.
                              Never heard of it.

Edit: Holy ****! That's like a free $6000.
                              http://www.army.mil/-news/2009/11/21/30804-soldiers-to-get-retroactive-pay-for-stop-loss/

Comment

Working...
                              X