X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring back the old logo!

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

The old one is familiar and friendly and more appropriate for a Civ I, or II site, but I am happy with the new one-- it implies this is more of an Alpha Centauri site, but still- it looks professional.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Much can be said about the new site, but the new logo is clearly superior to the old one.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Maybe keep the old logo for the Civ & Civ2 sections? (If they ever come back)
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Yeah, the old one does look a bit dated...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud View Post
            it implies this is more of an Alpha Centauri site, but still- it looks professional.

Indeed, its a tad too futuristic if you ask me.

Comment

Shall we get something in gothic style you know "Ye Olde Apolytone Sitye"?
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The only thing that I do not like is that first letter is delta, so it reads Dpolyton. Plus, it kind of out of style of the rest of the letters. I am not a graphic designer, and I have only rudimentary skills of graphics editing in Paint (yeah, do not lough), but this is what I would suggest to resolve the issue:

This way it reads like A in my eyes, and it is a better fit to the rest of the name.
                The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

It read like an A to me already. After all, I am not Greek
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Neither am I, but in math and sciences Delta is used quite often...
                    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                    -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                    X