This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My god, this new design is ugly.

This new forum design is ugly in term of functionality - it is too bright, too many things just clutter everything, to high contrast, background image may be cool, but distracts from the text, etc...
    Finally it is really slow when I use magnification in Firefox (default font is too small for me)
    I really liked minimalistic interface that was here on the forums.
    At very least can you please remove background image in forums, or make a setting for us to turn it off if we want to? Also, some toned down skins created with clarity and functionality in mind. PLEASE?!!

Also, there is a reason why all editors and nearly all websites give dark text on white background when there is a lot of text to read. Reading forums written in white on black is painful. My eyes are aching.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    -- Bertrand Russell

There is not a single good thing about this design. Not one.

The colour scheme. The fixed, ugly, distracting background image. The narrow layout. The tacky image/background issues (the reply/reply with quote thing at the bottom of a post). The excessive column information at the right when viewing a thread. WHITE ON ORANGE? WHAT THE ****?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Don't like the colour scheme either or the background image. Please change this.
      What?

Comment

Here's a vote for a light color scheme.. I personally can't stand white on black, it's too tough on my eyes so I won't be able to do much reading here while it's like this..

Comment

I hate white text on black

The viking age ended 1066 at Monday, September 25, 6pm

Comment

Please give people the option to deactivate background images. Thank you.
            Blah

Comment

Good job on the move Apolyton team! Change is often a shock to the system but I'm sure with some tweaks to the settings and a bit of give and take you can get something that most members can live with.

An option to have a solid background colour instead of floating on top of an image (a good image, but a distracting one) and the option to change the colour scheme to suit personal taste would be great.
              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
              SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
              SL INFORMATION THREAD
              CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

I agree, the new design is horrible. I've already switched the background image off, but white on black is terrible. Pale yellow on dark grey (inverted navy on silver) is the best colour scheme to use if you want to use a dark one.
                Can't we just pick our own personal colours? It won't use more processing power than tracking unread threads.
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Awesome design. Keep up the good work guys, and I'm sure those who whine on here instead of providing polite constructive criticism actually lead pathetic lives and have small penises
                  You are all individuals

Comment

Thanks for letting us to turn off the background image. Still other issues still here, most annoying is white text on black, and generally high contrast too colorful theme.
                    -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Rempedaalops View Post
                      Awesome design. Keep up the good work guys, and I'm sure those who whine on here instead of providing polite constructive criticism actually lead pathetic lives and have small penises
                      I think every post in this thread is polite and constrictive. That is excluding yours
                      -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Rempedaalops View Post
                        I reserve the right to ***** as I have repeatedly offered to help.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

After two days of the "the site will come online today" message, Poly finally is back.

......looking like something thrown in the garbage a month ago.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I like white on black, but the background image is has to change.
                            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                              I like white on black, but the background image is has to change.
                              Don't worry they are supposed to change from day to day. Well, if you have luck with this random number generator.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                              X