Stupid people and trains.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid people and trains.

I recently saw this video and I have to wonder if the world wouldn't be a better place if a few dumb ****s got run over by a train. So you have a large BNSF train starting to go north, the crossing guards are down, the sign says "Do not cross", there are bells & flashing red lights, and then... A group of dumb asses run in front of the train trying to beat it.

The train slams on its breaks and stops but since there is a Padres game about to start idiotic fans try to climb up on and then over the train while others try to crawl under the train... Even as the train starts to back up. I'm speechless. Who the **** tries to climb under a moving train? Who thinks that is a good idea? WTF?

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Clearly the railways fault - they shuld have anticipated the situation and not drive on that line
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

SAN DIEGO hipsters are retarded. News at 11.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        SAN DIEGO hipsters (who are also baseball fans) are retarded. News at 11.
        Fixed.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

They aren't climbing over the train. False advertising.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

They're climbing over the hitch on the train any way.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              Clearly the railways fault - they shuld have anticipated the situation and not drive on that line

Is this city bursting with railway tracks in all directions? Most cities I have lived in will have one or major railway corridors through the city (with over and underpasses for crossing major highways etc etc) but there are always a few spots where the train can be a major disruption (such as here)

I doubt the railway had much choice
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I take it you live somewhere insignificant then Flubber
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                  I take it you live somewhere insignificant then Flubber
                  I accept it may be different in Europe but this was in North America. Most cities I have seen would not have a whole bunch of rail lines crossing a city in the same direction so that a train would have a whole bunch of choice.

I am betting we have less rail per square km than say England. Conversely I also would assume that a city like this, San Diego was it, as a port city would have significant rail lines going to the port but the nature of being bounded by the ocean limits available routes
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

In the UK we have lots of train lines going through the middle of cities, but we also have bridges, either foot bridges over the railway line or rail bridges going over roads.

Bridges FTW.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

LMAO, They were San Diego hipsters. Look at that houndstooth coat!
                      But a few other things; Is Padre or Dodger baseball really that good? NO!
                      Why were the majority of idiots Dodger fans?
                      Why is this such a poorly planned crossing?
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber View Post

Is this city bursting with railway tracks in all directions? Most cities I have lived in will have one or major railway corridors through the city (with over and underpasses for crossing major highways etc etc) but there are always a few spots where the train can be a major disruption (such as here)

I doubt the railway had much choice
                        Yeah, only one north bound and northbound (towards LA) happens to be the businesses track) there is an east bound but you have to go north to north county to get to it so either way BNSF had to use that line. Honestly, if everyone had actually followed the directs of the automatic sign and not tried to run in front of the moving train and then tried to climb on or crawl under the train then the train would have been gone in 3-5 minutes and everything would have been fine. It was only when people started acting retarded that things got backed up for like 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                          In the UK we have lots of train lines going through the middle of cities, but we also have bridges, either foot bridges over the railway line or rail bridges going over roads.

Bridges FTW.
                          They're actually supposed to be building a large pedestrian foot bridge at that location but knowing the city it will be 10 years before they even start it.
                          Last edited by Dinner; August 6, 2010, 13:47.

Comment

In Philly, we have very few crossings like this. Our regional rail is elevated or underground through most of the city (as of course are our subway and el trains).
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Wait, you're from Philly?
                              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                              X